Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh, The Things I Do To Keep This House Clean!

...Oh, no. I'm not talking about me.



Noah was shocked to find out, on Sunday, that he indeed was added to the Jasper cage cleaning rotation. When Michael reminded him he responded, "I thought dad was joking!" No joke, dude! Noah has since done a pretty good cage cleaning job.

There was yet another breakthrough, of sorts, with our germaphobic 8 year old. Michael had the kids clean their bathroom. Noah got the highly favored job of toilet scrubber. His face looked like he had sucked the juice of the sourest lemon, but he did a job Mr. Clean would be proud. He was so tired after his intense scrubbing that he went to lie down. Aaron came laughing into our bedroom to inform us of the current Noahism, "Oh, the things I do to keep this house clean!" I thought we would all lose bladder control after that statement.
Shortly after this Noah said, "I was pushed to my limits!"

:::::::::::::::::My Funny Nieces::::::::

Credits: kit by Cinnamon Designs and JanaM

I saw this at digishoptalk and I was highly amused:




::::::::::::::::::Kindergarten Kamp::::::::
Eve attended the 3 day camp this week and had a really rough time. She cried at every drop off and pick up. The teacher said she was fun in the middle. She has been real clingy at church on Sundays and she has psychosomatic throat problems every Sunday for 2 hours and they magically came back every morning for camp. She is going through a strange transition and I feel so sorry for her. She doesn't throw a tantrum, but quietly turns bright pink and tears roll down her face. She told me she was nervous the first day at drop off. Luckily, her friend Jayla was put in her group and they got to hug every day.

::::::::::::::::::Life Scout:::::::::

Aaron was presented his rank advancement to Life Scout, tonight. He can start working on an Eagle Scout project. I received a lovely "Mom's Pin", too. I helped Michael by putting together a slideshow presentation of the Troop and I got some video and photos from our ward's Venture crew. I gave each group about 10 minutes and everybody seemed to like the outcome. I used some pretty eclectic songs. Here is my playlist:

The Hollow of Your Hand by The Sugarland Run
Dream Big by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband
Choctaw Hayride by Alison Krauss and Union Station
Never Give UP by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband
Country Boy by Johnny Cash
The Distance by Cake
Head Over Heels by The Gogos

Michael and I laughed because one of our friends that we asked for music suggestions said anything, but The Gogos. The song worked perfectly with the water skiing photos so we felt, artisticly, compelled to go with the song.

:::::::::::::::::::Walking::::::::::

I have been experimenting with double insoles, just the arch support insoles and no arch support insole. My conclusion, I need the double insole that includes the arch support eventhough it makes my right foot roll too much. I have to consciously step differently to keep my foot from rolling to the side. The tendinitis wasn't as bad when I wore the arch support, so good thing. The weather has been hot and humid and I have walked in the heat of the day due to family activites early and late. The nice thing is the lack of foot traffic and I have enjoyed seeing some interesting water bird and a swimming turtle. I have varied my path for a 1/2 mile section that puts me going up a hill twice. Good for the cardio, but my butt has yet to shrink in any noticeable size. I keep feeling like I'll get a call from Sir Mix A Lot saying I'm still in the club. Oh, well. I feel the desire to walk everyday even if my foot aches. A good habit...methinks!


Later, gators! :)

8 comments:

Beth said...

ok, that video was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while! Thanks for sharing!

ScrapShana said...

Great post! Had me laughing!!

janna said...

What a funny video. I have learned do many of the fonts that I can look at something and know what font they used.... :)
Thanks for sharing it.

donna said...

Your kids' comments crack me up....what a funny bunch!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Life Scout! That's a huge achievement. Our son is serving his time now so that he can have his BoR for Life soon (probably next week).

Kudos to him and to you all. Can't wait to hear about his Eagle project

Carol said...

Oh my gosh, I can't get over the Noahisms. It's all too too funny, and you know I'm going to say it - totally scrapworthy! LOL

And a big congratulations and high five to Aaron. What a great moment.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Aaron!

Sorry to hear Eve is having a hard time with the Kinder Camp. :( Give her a hug from us.

I love the layout. I love pictures of those curly heads together.

Chocolate Cat said...

Poor Eve, don't you just wish you could make everything okay for them?
Noah made me laugh!!