Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's All About Form!



Credits:
: Granny Smith Papers by Ali Folendore, Arrows by Design by Dani, alpha by Shabby Princess, Overlay by Nancy Rowe Janitz
Program Used:
: Photoshop 6.0
Fonts Used
: Peas Girly Girl Script, Pea Daisy Doodles, Weathered SF, DymoFont Inverse, Pea Carrie
Elements/Extras
: To make the seeds I used the prongs from Studio Chic by Shabby Princess


Text: This mouth shape for maximum trajectory & velocity!

The upper lip over the bottom lip will produce the dribble and drop effect. Where the seed lands on your shoes.

The thrilling pastime of seed spitting.



My BIL and niece in a watermelon seed spitting contest at our family reunion in 2005. The discussion at these events always centers around how to hold your mouth to get the seed to go the farthest. I am a feeble spitter, so I can only get the seed about a foot a way from me. I remember being okay with getting in trouble for spitting watermelon seeds at my sister Tracy. There is some kind of juvenile satisfaction with getting to do this every summer.

------------

The kids played in the sprinkler at my parents' house tonight and my stepfather took some great photos. Noah had some great "Noahisms", as we call them, about his trip through the sprinkler: "Let's show this sprinkler what we're made of!" He told Rachel, "Bend over and give it a taste of your underwear!" It's at times like these I usually tell him that his planet called and wondered how he is doing? I hope to be able to do a layout with the photos because they were really fun.

-----------

Thank you for your comments Julie P, I really appreciate your thoughts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like fun, I have never tried it.

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh out loud at this one.