Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Web Slingin' and Plaid Action...

all on one blog! I said I would present a dose of my 70's coolness, so I give you some Spiderman and Plaid action:


paper, stitched flower (recolored)by Michelle Coleman, overlay from Studio Chic by Shabby Princess, Faux Jewels by Shabby Princess, arrows from Laura's Shabby Arrows, Font: Stan's hand, Hurry Up

For this layout I used the font Stan's Hand. I felt it was appropriate in name only because of Stan Lee. As far as, the Dorothy Hamill haircut...Argh!...I looked awful in that style. I think I was trying to draw peoples' eyes away from my hairstyle by wearing such kickin' pants and who doesn't like Spidey?!? One of my all time favorite shirts was one with Vinny Barbarino (John Travolta) from Welcome Back, Kotter! It said, "Up your nose with a rubber hose!" I wore that quite often. I don't know if a photo still exists of me wearing that shirt, but I think I saw one at my dad's house once several years ago. I almost feel that I should write certain dates with the intials p.s. to stand for "pre-scrapbooking".
:::::::::::::::::::::
My niece, Makayla, was blessed today and we got together with the Michael's family and outlaws and had a great barbeque. Then, we dropped 3 of the kids off to spend a few days with their cousins at my step mom's house. The girls were the only ones going to spend the night, but Noah asked if he might stay and Granny Alice said sure. We didn't bring any clothes for him to change into, but he was completely cool about that he said, "That's okay I'll just wear these." Meaning the clothes he wore to church. My sister, Tracy, and I were trying to think of clothes he might be able to use, but he just got annoyed and repeated his original statement. Funny kid!

3 comments:

janna said...

I had a Holly hobby lunch box, but I had that hair cut too!!!

janna said...

My picture is now up on my blog....
What year did you graduate??
1989?

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

I had the haircut KINDA like that, but I was born at the end of the 70s, so I'm sure my older sisters had that haircut.

I'm interested in what your curtains have on them! LOL