Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, June 24, 2006

{My Aaron Spelling Tribute}


Font:Bitsumichi, Carbon Block and Arial

When I got home I checked the news on the AJC and CNN and found out that Aaron Spelling had passed away following a stroke. I grew up on this guy's t.v. shows (good or bad)and I liked a lot of them. One of my favorites was Charlie's Angels. I was a Sabrina fan, then when she left I liked Kelly. For the brief time that Farrah Fawcett was on the show I was curious if she owned a bra?!? I don't personally like wearing them, but ha! I'm not on national television, though I'm sure the male audience is like SHUTCHA MOUTH! WHADDA YA TALKIN' ABOUT! It has to be said that I used an entire can of Final Net hairspray to get my hair to form the signature winged hairstyle sported by Farrah Fawcett. I also owned the famous bathing suit poster (many years since torn and thrown away) and that same poster photo on a t-shirt (I will scrap my 70's coolness very soon)!

The reason the layout is entitled "Roger's Angels" is due to the fact my father-in-law is deceased and this is a silly photo of Lettitia, Melissa and Sydney pretending to the Charlie's Angels. They had such a good time posing like this that we all had a great laugh (and maybe Rog, too?!)

So this layout is a simple fairwell to Aaron Spelling and his t.v. shows that helped me get through any homework I felt was boring, or any chores I was sloughing! Thanks Aaron! And a simple homage to my Father-in-Law who I really miss talking to!

2 comments:

janna said...

WOW I did not know he died....
I loved Dynasty & Charlies Angels myself.

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Oh my! Well, I'm outta the loop, too. I wonder how that will affect the show "so noTORIous"? Great LO!