Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, June 05, 2006

Measuring Up


This is a layout I did for a challenge at Scrapbook Bytes and I really like how it turned out! Eve was such a trooper even though there were several rides in the park she was to short to ride.

Text: Standing in front of Star Tours at MGM, Eve kept a brave face eventhough she came to another ride she was too short to get on with her siblings. We would do the "Parent Switch", so each of us could go on the ride with the other kids. The day was salvaged by hilarious street performers, watching the stage performance of Beauty and The Beast (now Eve is a Belle fan), and the other great shows like Muppet Vision 3D, Playhouse Disney, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Disney World kept her happy. Eve's cheerful attitude showed us that it was only her height that didn't MEASURE UP, in what was important she was a giant!

Credits:
: Papers from Jen Wilson's Refreshing Lime
Program Used:
: Photoshop 6.0
Fonts Used:
: Walt Disney Script/Rockwell Extra Bold/Arial
Elements/Extras:
: Jen Wilson's glitter flowers,staples from Shabby Princess



--------------

Book reading:
I finished reading Reverse of the Medal by Patrick O'brian. These books are in listed as historial fiction and O'brian's writing is fantastic. You quickly get a sense of the characters and their surrondings. As I have read each additional book in the series I really get attached to the main characters, Jack Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin (who were very well cast in the movie "Master and Commander: Far Side of the World"). The next to the last chapter, in the book I just finished, had me in tears because I was so proud of how the seamen and Dr. Maturin stood up for Jack at a pillorying. I really love learning about history and reading historical fiction is a fun way to different aspects of history in periodic sections. I have yet to understand my fascination with the nautical film and book genre, but I really dig them. I really like submarine boat flicks like "Gray Lady Down" where Charleton Heston utters the phrase, "I feel like a one-legged man in an a**-kicking contest!" I also like "Hunt for Red October" where I got the phrase "He's pulling a Crazy Ivan", which is an extremely useful phrase to use in driving, places where a large number of people come to shop, or as a chaperone with a group of 2nd graders at the Atlanta Zoo. I also liked "U571" about the capture of the enigma machine from the Germans. I have yet to see "Das Boots", which I hear is supposed to be fabulous. So, that movie is on my to see list. So, if anyone has a psychological profile for a gal who loves boat flicks and books, but doesn't go sailing and has never joined the Navy, let me know! I would be fascinated at figuring me out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»