Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thanksgiving in June?


I used Shabby Princess' "Shabby Fall Kit", Mo Jackson's "Cake" and "Dorothy's Kitchen 3". Font used: Pea Jane

Why a Thanksgiving layout in June you may query? Well, the easy answer is that I get around to things whenever I can, or the whimsy strikes me to scrap the photos. The other reason is that it is a picture of one of the many talents my husband possesses---Baking. Since Father's Day is drawing nigh I will be sprinkling in layouts that have to do with my husband. Father's Day is a celebration of the things that Father's do the rest of the 364 days, so I will be scrapping the photos that show some of the aspects of my husband's life. The fact is that I really like this guy. I enjoy discussing things and being his sounding board when he just wants to talk (this allow me to scrap at the same time, which is kinda duo-tasking...have I created a new word???). He is the assistant Scout Master in our son's troop and he and Aaron are gone for the week. The funny thing, to me, is that I took the time to sew and iron Rachel's Girl Scout patches on her vest. To some that is quite an ordinary task, but you need to realize I save up all patches for Michael because he sews and irons really well. I think I did a pretty spiffy job, so I may unburden him with Rachel's Girl Scout patches from now on and let him concentrate on cooking dinner...YES... he is a wonderful cook, too! It really is have him cook, or eat spaghetti most every night. I am willing to branch out on the whole cooking thing, but right now I'm jonesin' for a smoothie. I really like strawberries, blueberries, bananas, vanilla frozen yogurt and milk. Let me know if you have a kickin' smoothie recipe for me to try. Here is the Turkey Cake link from Family Fun Magazine, which has some awesome ideas: Turkey Cake Instructions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! The cake turned out awesome! I just found your blog and wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading. Looks like you and your sisters have LOTS of fun together!
Thanks for the smores freebie. I love SMORES!
BTW..I'm bookmarking your blog.