Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, June 22, 2006

{Wiggin' Out}


papers and overlay from Nancie Rowe Janitz's Aztec Summer, notebook paper from BYOBB Kit Add-on by Gina Miller, polaroid template by Steph Krush, Fonts: Pea Lis, Rage, Pea Jordan, Oopie's Ma, Juice ITC, Pea Melissa, Mr. B, and Poornut

I don't know if anyone out there has an affinity for wigs. My mother has always liked playing around with wigs (with some interesting results). My kids enjoy her collection. They have all differet hair colors to choose from in the Granny Sue Wig Collection. Red is one of Rachel's favorites:. Dolly Parton is well known for her plethora of wigs...now it's my mom's turn in the (sub)-LIME light! This wig reminds me of Florence Henderson from The Brady Bunch fame. I believe the photo was taken around 1976. I'm expecting a call from my mom after she sees this blog because she knew I would do something silly with the photos after I happily (while laughing) gathered them up to scan them all. My mom is a very good sport about such things (hey...you have to be to wear some of those things).
I, too, played with these wigs as a kid, but OOHHH! they are soooo hot and uncomfortable!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On to other news: It reached in the high 90s here today and Michael is on his second day of the flu. He has been sick admirably, which means he hasn't whined for anything and has done his best to rest and help with the kids since he is home.

1 comment:

janna said...

LOL... & My mom wore wigs too....
I will have to find a picture and post it on my blog....

I hope the flu is over with and no one else get it!!!
(HUGS)