Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kick Me!



I figure if you kick me hard enough I'll forget about the pain in my ear!...Well, that is unless you kick me in the ear, which would entirely defeat the purpose of the whole endeavor!



Horse by Kay Miller, Medicine Bottle by Jen Wilson

I'm taking Augmentin 825 mg tablets twice a day. I thought I wasn't going to get the thumb-sized tablet down my throat...sheesh! Being dead from choking on one of those things would certainly put my ear problems in a different light! I actually made Michael hang out this morning just to make sure I didn't choke as I took my prescription. I was amazed when it went down effortlessly. So, yeah for that. Don't have to go another round until 6:30p.m.

::::::::::::::::::::::Court of Honor::::::::::

Aaron did a CPR demonstration for the Court of Honor for scouts last night. He spoke clearly and did a great job. He only got goofy when Michael wanted him to use the large stuffed animal dog we brought to demonstrate the compressions and breathing. He got a bit flustered, but did it anyway.

Aaron received 4 badges: Climbing, Rifle, Communications, and Indian Lore.

I created a 12 minute slideshow of the current Eagle Scout project and Scout camp. For music I used: "My Own Two Hands" by Jack Johnson and Ben Harper, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" off the Parallel Universe cd of Janice Kapp Perry songs, "Never Give Up" by Ryan Shupe and The Rubberband, and "Wild Boys" by Duran Duran.


:::::::::::::::::Mommy::::::::::::

My mom is coming over to take the kids to her house so I can get the packing done. She has taken pity on my condition. She has to drop Denny man (my big brother) off to school, then go to work for a bit. After getting some work done she will come get her tribe of loyal followers. I mean that...they are her fan club!

Later, gators!

4 comments:

Nostalgia Pura said...

Hi... I love the comment in my blog!

I adored to know that your brother adopted 4 children. Many joy! I was very happy in knowing.
I plan to adopt 01 in the year of 2009, when my university finish.

Congratulations your brother. He is a wonderful mam.

Have nice day my friend and kisses from Brasil.

Carol said...

Victoria, I really hope your ear problem clears up before your holidays because it's so not going to be fun for you otherwise. Just take care okay?

Suzanne said...

Victoria:

I am sending hugs and love to all of you on your upcoming trip. I sent your MOM an email this morning and she is going to hug you for me today. I know that taking a vacation feeling like this will be a challenge so I am hoping for a speedy recovery because your trip sounds like so much fun.. Be safe and have a great time.

Suzanne

Tara (aka AbbysMomma) said...

You just gotta wonder that the same level of intelligence that allows one to come up with new drugs to cure illness can't also see that a pill the size of a THUMB is likely to choke someone.. ROTF

Hope you are feeling better soon.