Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Who Loves Ya Baby?!:

I used to watch a lot of television as a kid and the ones that drew me in the most were the detective shows. My kids think I'm weird because if we are watching t.v. at my mom's house (satellite dish) I choose shows like Forensic Files, Mystery Diagnosis, Investigative Reports or Cold Case Files. Since the new version of Nancy Drew was out I started thinking about what guy detective shows I liked growing up. Here are a few:



I love the way Columbo would fluster people as he asked them questions. I wanted a huge car like Cannon. I always thought Kojak was ultra cool because of the lollipop.


Raymond Burr was always sharply dressed and spoke directly and to the point. Barbara Hale as his girl Friday added sharp wit, intelligence, and loyalty.


The good guys were always fun to watch, too. I really loved Barnaby Jones and I wanted to be Lee Meriwether. Barnaby was always seemed like the nicest guy. The Hardy Boys was another fav. I was enamored with Parker Stevenson. I thought Shaun Cassiday was cute, but that his adam's apple needed its own zip code. One day when Michael and I were driving somewhere I asked him if he knew who had the biggest adam's apple in the entire world and he answered immediately...Shaun Cassiday. I was in awe of his quick response and like thinking. It is weird to say that somehow I knew this guy could think like me with my quirky sense of humor. We have been married for almost 18 years and he tells people he can speak "Wife". He says that he speaks the "Victoria" dialect of "Wife", so it doesn't apply to all women...just to me. He can try to translate what other women are really saying, but he tells people it won't be as accurate. So, when I think of the Shaun Cassiday's adam's apple story I just laugh a goofy laugh and think of my wonderful husband's quick wit.


I almost forgot one of my favorites and that is James Garner as Jim Rockford in The Rockford Files. He has a mix of intelligence, charisma and downright good looks. He is still quite handsome in his old age.



Borderline Frames by Sande Krieger at TwoPeas, Arrow by Holly McCaig, Doodle Circle by Erica Hite

Have a great day! Smiles!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Ooooh and lets not forget Moonlighting! I would never miss that show.