Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Just When You Thought it was Safe!

I post, yet another, Memorial Day layout!



Text: Michael was able to climb a 5.10 route at Sand Rock, Alabama during Memorial Day.

Text in the background: Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
Wealth and fame
He's ingnored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider man.


Scraplift of Kewl_jive, aka Beth, Background is Oil Paint paper by Gina Miller,
Don't Be Negative slides by Gina Miller,
Paint Strokes by Michelle Coleman,
Backward Staples by Jenn Patrick,
Date Stamp (modified) by Amber Clegg,
Fonts: SF Movie Poster, Jane Austen, DB Michael



::::::::::::::::::::This Must be Inherited:::::::

As we were driving the other day Fleetwood Mac's song "Edge of Seventeen" was playing and Rachel looked at me at the stop light and said, "Yeah know, I think it sounds like a 'one-winged dove' too!"

This refers to my inability to hear correct lyrics, which I have posted about before. Here is a layout I did on the subject, a while back: What I Hear.

:::::::::::::::::::::Summer Free Movies::::::::::

We went to see:


The kids kept giggling through the movie. Noah and Eve kept turning around and chastizing the loud children behind us (remember it is a free movie and people tend to be more disrespectful). I had visions of my mother as they turned around. It made me laugh.

I love Jack Johnson's sound it makes my toes tap and my heart happy!



One of the songs from the soundtrack that reminds me of what I like to do is called "People Watching".

"People Watching" by Jack Johnson

Well I'm just people watching
The other people watching me
And we're all people watching
The other people watching we
We're as lonely as we wanted to be
We're all as lonely as we wanted to be
Just as lonely as we wanted to be
I'm just you, you're just me
But it's only true if we believe
Well there really ain't no use in stopping
What nobody never told me not to do
So I'll keep people watching, watching me now
Finding my way back to you
We're as lonely as we wanted to be
We're all as lonely as we wanted to be
I'm just as lonely as I wanted to be
I'm just you, you're just me
But it's only true if we believe
I see so many feet going so many ways
People passing by, they got nothing to say
All on our own, just watching and confused
Nobody told me what to do
I can't stop breaking all the rules
And I'm just people watching
The other people watching me
We're all people watching
The other people watching we
We're as lonely as we wanted to be
We're not so lonely as we wanted to be
I'm just as lonely as I wanted to be
Not so lonely
Lonely, lonely, lonely


:::::::::::::::Sleep Over::::::::::::::::

Rachel is next door at a neighbor's house for a sleep over, so Noah suggested he and Eve snuggle with me. I said o.k., but Eve is my little starfish and she was already asleep when Noah made the suggestion. I put her on one side and Noah said I was supposed to get the middle. I felt bad trying to get comfortable between the two kids in my full size bed. I elbowed Eve's hair. I tried to move around and got kicked in the head by both kids. We finally settled in about midnight.

I hope the rest of you had a good nights rest! Smiles!

3 comments:

Bryan, Stef, Chase, Abby & Emma said...

Really great layouts! I love Jack Johnson, too!!

Michael Taylor said...

I miss you. I'll be hommelater on tonight.

Carol said...

Love the layout, it looks so rugged. The pic in the background is wonderful, that really adds to it.

I have never heard of Jack Johnson. :-(