Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

How to Dress Up Square Feet:




Springtime in Paris kit by Michelle Godin, Scalloped Circle Doodle, Scalloped Edge, and Sparkle Papers by Gina Miller, Vintage frames by Nancy Comelab, Naked Stamps by Meredith Fenwick, Cancellation mark and date stamp (modified) by Amber Clegg, Ribbon by Natalie Braxton, Oh La La Girl by Jenna Lynne, Fonts: French Script, SA Kiss, Franklin Gothic Med., CK Good Point, corner doodle by Jackie Eckles, nail polish photos from the internet

Text: If there is one thing I'm not it's being a "Girly Girl"! But, an occasional French Manicure makes my very square feet kinda pretty, and that makes me happy!


::::::::::::::Yesterday, Morning:::::::

Eve woke up and she felt very warm to the touch as I carried her down stairs. She said she wasn't sick, but I knew she was quite sick. She requested some orange juice, which I got for her. I, also, knew she would be spewing that same orange juice all over pretty soon. I had Rachel get a towel in readiness for the upcoming event and a cool wet cloth for Eve's forehead. I called Michael and asked him to pick up some Sprite and bring it home during his lunch break. About an hour after getting up and drinking her orange juice she said she felt like she was going to throw up. I got into the catch position with towel in hand. She was a trooper! Rachel stayed with her while I put the towel in the wash and grabbed a replacement. The second time Rachel got a bit of stray stuff in the eye, but she handled with a smile and went to lavage her eye. Michael soon arrived with the Sprite elixir. Right as Michael left to return to work he heard Eve go onto Round Three. Luckily, this was the last round. She was exceedlingly chipper an hour after that and was ready to play Strawberry Shortcake.com Rachel was such a great helper and sister.

:::::::::::::::::Today:::::::::::

Rachel had two more brackets placed on her upper teeth to get them in the right position for the rest of her hardware. She is a little achy, but I gave her some junior strength acetaminahen. She was wearing her violet gaucho pants and sequined top, so she matched her bands to her outfit.

::::::::::::::::Close To Home::::::::

Debbie at my mom's work always looks out for me and when she saw these cartoons she copied them for me:



An interesting denoument for a home schooled kid!




:::::::::::::::::::Scout Camp::::::::::

So far so good is the word. Michael leaves tonight to go to the camp for the next few days. I refrained from asking him to ask Aaron if he had brushed his teeth and changed his underwear. It's killing me though! I am still a mom no matter the distance.

:::::::::::::::::::History That Never Really Happened:

Carol's site has some of the best layouts. I showed them all to Michael yesterday and he laughed at them all. She is a riot! I have an idea for one and I will try to get it finished by Wednesday.

Smiles!

5 comments:

Lucie said...

hey there, great blog! Love your girly LO:-) Hope Eve is feeling better now!
Hugs

jennieb75 said...

Love the cartoons on the blog... too funny! And your girly LO is sooo cute! Love the french twist to it!!
Hope Eve is feeling better after the OJ incident!
Cheers
Jennie

Carol said...

First off poor chicky Eve, my goodness she was in the wars wasn't she. Hope she feels right as rain now. Flat lemonade (or flat sprite) is what I always wanted when I was sick.

Thank you also for your kind words about my layouts. I can't take the credit, lhanks and Spidergirl at Designer Digitals Gallery are also doing them and laid down the challenge, LOL. I can't wait to see what you come up with, it's so much fun. And I adore your layouts.

If you are able to email me at carollee at bigpond dot com, I can send you some links where there are kind people who have photos for use for free (I can't reply to your blog comments as there's a no reply email).

-eVa- said...

your LO is simply fabulous! i love it! already saw it over there at DST!!!

loved to read the cartoons - so funny!

-eVa-

MissHuniBuni said...

adorable pages!!! great blog top too!