Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, June 24, 2007

"Mom Doesn't Know Anything About...

rock!" ...Noah

I recieved this chastisement for switching the radio off of the channel they wanted to listen.

:::::::::::::::::::::::Shopping for the Trip:::::::

Noah had an invitation to a Build-A-Bear party at the Mall of Georgia, so we took the opportunity to pick up last minute items close by at R.E.I. Noah, Eve and Rachel got their own camelbacks
and the girls got Tevas. Here's Eve's version:
Rachel's version:

I found Rachel her favorite Wild Berry flavored Powerbars, which she started eating right away.

While Noah and I were at the birthday party Michael took the others over to Dick's Sporting Goods where Rachel and Aaron climbed the indoor wall, which is about 50 feet tall. They worked their way to the top and got to push a buzzer to give a loud signal that they had made it.

:::::::::::::::::::::::


I thought this menu generator was pretty cool:

:::::::::::::::Amazing Artist::::::::
Kevin Henkes is an author that I am just beginning to read with my kids. It all started with this book:


I love the story lines and putting my finger on what I love about his artwork has to be the water color look to the inks. I'm sure there is something I should say that better describes what I feel when I see the paintings, but I don't know enough about art to give the correct explanations. I simply know I love the way he uses pen and ink.

This book is one Noah had on his reading list for Second grade:


I liked that he pulled no punches with how jealous older siblings can be of new babies. I also like how he resolved the conflict in the end. I look forward to reading more of his books.

Keep on Keepin' on!

No comments: