Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired...

says Evey!

One sick little girl can really put a wrench in my blogging schedule! :) Eve is in my lap chattering right now. She is begging for me to play the Myst series with her again. She loved the characters and the "spooky music". Due to her high fever, cough and general lethargy she was forced to miss "Dessert with Dad" at her preschool. Michael told her he would take her for ice cream at Bruster's. Not only was Eve sick, but I had my final Wilton decorating class for Course 1. I was able to get my cake baked, iced and smoothed with all of the decorator icing prepared. Unfortunately, I left 2 of the tips I needed in the dishwasher due to being distracted. While I was getting ready to leave and taking care of Eveybug Michael was repairing my brakes. I told him on Sunday that they were hashed and having to stop quickly and pull over for an ambulance to pass did them in. He drove the car to work on Monday and agreed that they were bad. He has been working 50 hour weeks, getting ready for scouts, helping with homework, cuddling a sick Eveybug and getting no sleep because he is in our full size bed with a sick toddler. All of these factors combined he still was able to run to the auto parts store and get new pads and rotors for my car and fix the brakes. He drove my car to work this morning and said he thinks all is well.

Eve has had her bath, her fever is gone, but not her runny nose and cough, so she is staying home again. She will be by cake decorating trainer for my push to finish my last cake decorating assignment. My roses came out ruffled because my icing is too stiff. I think they look "Shabby Chic".

::::::::::::::::Please Take a Second to Check Out::::::::

my new "Humanitarian" section. I have links to Free Rice and a new one for a 20 minute video called "Story of Stuff". I found that 20 minutes incredibly informative and thought it very worthy to share.

::::::::::::::::Finished and on Order::::::::::

I finally finished my SIL's Christmas present and ordered it today. I sent her the Shutterfly link so she could check for errors. She said she really liked it, so that make me happy. Here is the Front and Back Cover:



Credits: Font: Grinched, Kay Miller's Lagoon Kit, Kate Hadfield's Vehicle, Pirate and Animal Doodles, also Summer Collab Kit from TLP, Susan Long's castle doodle, Erica Hite's Dear Diary Doodle for the banner.

Here are a few layouts:

I will update the credits for this one soon.



This is one of my sweet nieces, Isabell.


Credits:
Darcy Baldwin: DJB Doodle E Doo at The Digichick
Designs by Angelica E.: Happy Doodles
Kate Hadfield: Lovebirds, Chipboard Doodled Hearts
Ida: Heart Doodle Alpha
Natalie Braxton: Strings from the February B.Y.O.C.
Kristin Cronan-Barrow: Lovedovey glitter

A couple of nieces and a nephew playing in the leaves.


Credits:
Darcy Baldwin: DJB MICHAEL at The Digichick
Ida: Fall leaves doodles, Crayon Doodles
Catrine: Explore Solids
Katie Pertiet: Taped frames

::::::::::::::::::::::::::Dawn Inskip Layouts::::::

I made these as part of a tryout for a guest c.t. spot using her freebie::


Eve likes to imagine she is a flower fairy when the azaleas bloom in our front yard.


Credits:
Dawn Inskip: Guest C.T. Mini Kit
Darcy Baldwin: DJB Connorbuck at The Digichick


Aaron and Rachel are like a couple of lizards on a wall when it comes to climbing.
Credits:
Dawn Inskip: Guest C.T. Mini Kit
Darcy Baldwin: DJB MISH at The Digichick

I will update tomorrow, as Eve should be back to school. I have been tagged by Carol and also need to hand out my blog awards. Later today is the teacher conferences for Rachel and Noah...should be interesting!

Smiles!

5 comments:

Robin L said...

I hope your little one feels better soon. What a great husband you have! I love your los, what a great job you did with them. Have a good day.

20Birds said...

yes i hope eve is better soon, and back to her routine... yikes I was tagged yesterday with a book thing and i should have thought of you... well for having a sick babycake...you got a lot done... the layouts are terrific... climb is my favorite! that photo!!!

Anonymous said...

Give my Eveybug a hug from Granny Sue and a big kiss.

ChrissyW said...

awww hope she's better soon and o-m-g those layouts are GREAT!!! love the isabell one!!!

Carol said...

{{{{{get well soon Eve}}}}}}

As for that book Victoria, I adore the covers you do. And the pages will be gorgeous. What a special gift.