Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Flower That Blooms...

in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. The Emperor in Mulan.


This is a photo of one of my sweet nieces, Teresa. She is currently in remission from leukemia. She has been such a trooper through her many rounds of treatments and a few broken bones. We are so proud of her! I was thinking about this right as I was coming out of a fitful sleep this morning, so I went down to work on the layout. I came up with this:


Darcy Baldwin: DJB Mandy, DJB LauraTscript at The Digichick
Katie Pertiet: Taped frame
Nancy Comelab: background paper
Emily Merritt: Glitter Bubble Wrap
Kate Hadfield: In The Pink freebie
Shabby Miss Jenn: staple from the Old Letters lil kit
Catrine: Black chalked alpha
Birgit: Gralpha2


:::::::::::::::::::This Too, Shall Pass...:::

on to another member of my family. Eve and I have been infected with whatever virus Aaron has. We felt yucky, but went to Church because Eve was chipper enough to go. When we got home I went up for a nap, then got up and took some Ibuprophen, then went back to nap a bit more. Eve came up and cuddled with me and would touch my face and forehead with the palm, then the back of her hand mimicking the way I check her temperature. She is such a little nurse.

:::::::::::::::::::The Real Thing::::::

This music site is a bit of a pain to navigate, but the songs you download are free. You just have to register and watch ads to download. I am registered for 30 days to begin with, then I haven't read about reregistration.
Spiral Frog

So far, I have downloaded:
"Stand" by Rascal Flatts
"I Go Walking" by Patsy Cline
Elvis Costello's
"Angel Want To Wear My Red Shoes"
"Pump It Up"
"What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding" (Elvis Costello and the Attractions)

"Bubbly" by Colbie Caillat
"I'm Like a Bird" Nelly Furtado

Counting Crows:
"Mr. Jones"
"Accidentally In Love"

Barry White:
"Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe"
"You're The First, My Last, My Everything"

Ramones
"Blitzkrieg Bop"
"Spiderman"
"I Don't Want to Grow Up"

Olivia Newton-John
"Little More Love"
"Magic"

I'm off to check out more music!

Smiles and a sniffle!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That layout made me cry. Beautiful!
Hope your all feeling better soon.

Carol said...

What a beautiful layout and the most perfect of journalling. God bless Terese. What a beautiful glowing smile she has.

As for you and Eve {{{{hugs}}}} feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Slick.

Teresa's Papa.