Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Bit of This and That

:::::::::::::::Home School Article::::::::

Here is an excellent blog article by Bob Barr, here in Georgia. He attempts to rally parents to encourage state legislators and other leaders to speak out against the debacle created by the California court rulings that nullified the parents' rights and, effectively made each child a ward of the state.

:::::::::::::::Freshly Squeezed:::::::::::



My daughter and her cousin, Isabell having a great big hug!
Credits: Luisa Leandro: Buttons
'Buttons' Kit by Luisa Leandro (aka Dawn Inskip) available at www.sophiasarducci.com from 7 April
Dawn Inskip: Embossed Alpha (set 2)
Fresh Kit
flowers from Guest C.t. kit
NDISB
http://www.ndisb.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=58&zenid=6f749e8e3eef36755bd930bff3df535c
TTS
http://digistore.treasurestoscrap.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=20
SSS
http://shop.scrapscandistyle.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=43

Catrine: Explore Solids

Darcy Baldwin: DJB Messie Amanda at The Digichick
http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/product.php?productid=17789&cat=273&page=2


::::::::::::::Anna Benjamin:::::::::
is interning as a designer at Scrapbookgraphics and she was so kind as to send some of her new designs for me to create some layouts. Here are a few:








::::::::::::::::::Pride and Prescience:::::::


This book appealed to me to me in two ways when I saw it on the library table. One, it is written about two of my favorite characters, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy, and second, it is a mystery. I have been reading it off and on for a couple of days and I'm enjoying, so far. I'll give you a review when I'm done.

:::::::::::::::::::An Oldie, But A Goodie:::::::

Rachel was in her room giggling and she got up to show me what was so funny. She had grabbed one of my old books off the shelf and was enjoying it, thoroughly.
This photo is not from the book she was reading, but it was the only one I saw that worked on google. I picked this paperback up at a place that allowed you to trade in your old books and buy others. The last copyright date listed is 1973. Rachel loved reading about the antics of Hi and Lois' family. I think it is such a great thing to share a sense of humor with my kids...twisted as it may be!


Smiles!

8 comments:

Juliana said...

Pride and Prescience! I think I'll put it on my wishlist.
I saw you used DJB Messie Amanda - that is one of my all-time favorite fonts of Darcy's!
Your layouts are lovely, and I really enjoyed your blog entry!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS layouts!!! Beautiful!

And that is so fun about her and Hi and Lois. I haven't read those in forever!!! AWESOME!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

How amazing and cute are those layouts!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

cute LO's, i will have to read that article because i have no idea what your talking about.. lol

Barb said...

Great layouts! not good about the homeschooling in california.

Michael Taylor said...

I agree with Bob Barr more and more ever since he came out of the Libertarian closet.

Great layouts. Especially "smiling eyes".

Good work.

Miranda Barten said...

Wonderful layouts..love the springy colors!

20Birds said...

and how did i not know you were the victoria we were welcoming???geez i am so dense