Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let Them Eat (Little) Cake!




The neatest trick was learning to make flowers on the flat end of a bamboo skewer, then poking the sharp end through the petit four and through the base leaving a rose on top.
::::::::::::::::::::Daisy Days::::::::::::

A layout of Eve using Rachel Young designs from Scrapartist:


:::::::::::::::::Tagged:::::::::::::

Seven random facts:

1. I think 3/4 length sleeves are one of the coolest designs in clothing. If I had great upper arms I would say capped sleeves were the coolest.

2. I think walking 2 miles to get a malt that has more calories than the actual walk burns off is still way worth the trip!

3. I am always looking for something when I take photos that I can't explain, but know when I see it.

4. When I see a bluebird fly by it really makes me happy!

5. I wonder why people find it hard to make eye contact with people and smile.

6. I have plantars fascitis in my right foot, so I walk slow as Christmas.

7. I watched a cool video about a tribe where the men paint their faces and do wild expressions to impress the woman. I ask Michael to do the facial expressions, sans face paint, and he obliges sometimes. He is a hoot!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Eve is destined to be a model in commercials. She poised with confidence. Those petit fors were delicious.

Sue said...

Eve is destined to be a model in commercials. She poised with confidence. Those petit fors were delicious.

Carol said...

Oh I am so with you on the 3/4 length sleeves. If I have long sleeves on I push them up, if I have short sleeves I wish they were longer. Gorgeous page as always, and those cakes look too pretty to eat.

Simantha said...

first, oh yum!!!! the cakes look wonderful! And the sleeves, right with you...as well as if there is a rich reward for my taste buds at the end of the walk, i'd walk! hahah

Simantha said...

first, oh yum!!!! the cakes look wonderful! And the sleeves, right with you...as well as if there is a rich reward for my taste buds at the end of the walk, i'd walk! hahah

Simantha said...

first, oh yum!!!! the cakes look wonderful! And the sleeves, right with you...as well as if there is a rich reward for my taste buds at the end of the walk, i'd walk! hahah