Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sweeeeeet!



Well, my class is over. I came home to put the finishing touches on the cake:




After finishing up the basket weave I have a new found respect and admiration for Aunt Peggy. She was generous enough to make my wedding cake. Her decorating was perfection and I remember, fondly, my beautiful cake! THANK YOU, PEG!

:::::::::::::Last Pages for Noah's Book:::::


:::::::::::::::::::::Reading Time:::::

I am really enjoying reading The Mysterious Benedict Society to the kids. I look forward to reviewing it in a couple of weeks.

I'm finishing up the book on Science by Kaku. I have to turn it in Friday, so I'm pushing through to get it done.


7 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

That cake is amazing. I'm very proud of you.

Suzanne said...

You did a great job on the cake! Who needs to buy a cake from Publix when we have Victoria to make us professional cakes!! You found yet another gift. You are soooo talented!!!!

Sue said...

WOW! What a beautiful cake!!! I love it. Do you want to take more classes? This is a great fun activity. My baby girl is so talented.

JP2E said...

Looks like a sculpture, almost too pretty to eat! Save a slice for your Mom, she is the cake lover!!
I also recall your wedding cake. It was beautiful, delicious and VERY strong, since my Dad had to transport it through an ice storm in a tiny little car LOL...

Simantha said...

Victoria!!!! you are so talented, where do you find the time in the day!!! wonderful, the cake looks soooooo yummyyy! when i grow up i wanna be like you!! haha, but seriously, it looks marvelous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria - thanks for popping by my blog - good to see you :) and this cake is just delicious looking :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Your finished cake is just beautiful!