Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, January 11, 2008

Things That Interest Me...

and I wanted to share them with you:

:::::::::::::::::::Don't Mess With Mother Nature::::::::::

Michael heard this story on NPR and related it to me.
Elephants vs. Ants vs. Tree Absolutely fascinating!

:::::::::::::::::::Weird & Cool:::::::::

Human hair mulch.

I heard this story "Who Is Singing", while driving to my mom's house a couple of weeks ago and I teared up...not great while driving. This story of an orphaned Irish girl who later hears a traditional Irish song that she never remembers hearing before singing in her head.

::::::::::::::::::B Flat::::::::

Stuff you may not have known about B Flat...I know I didn't!

The world is complex and fascinating!

Smiles!

1 comment:

Carol said...

My dad once wrote in my autograph book with of course the musical symbols for sharp, natural and flat:-

Try to B sharp
Always B natural
But never B flat