Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Game...

:::::::::::::::::::::::Tennis Camp:::::::::::::

Rachel and Eve had a good start to their tennis experience. The weather was in the high 70s Fahrenheit, low humidity with light breezes. Rachel is fortunate to have the 8:30am to 10:30 time slight, while Eve gets the hotter part of the day starting at 11:00am. There are 2 coaches and an assistant coach to help the kids. The groups were manageable at about 16 or 18 each. The girls learned what stretches to do before beginning to play and then how to hold their racquet. They also learned the areas of the court. Then, they practiced their forehand stroke, followed by backhand. Our kids are not athletically gifted (genetic...I think), but they both said they had a good time.

The Williams sisters are currently secure on their tennis throne.


Rachel was in the first group:

I love the shrugged shoulders and the funny expression:
Working on her forehand:

Eve was in the second group and prepares with some stretching:
Coach Lauren helps Eve with holding her racquet correctly:
Eve works on her backhand:
Coach Nick helps Eve with her backhand position:
Eve works her backhand:
Eve smiles for the camera:



:::::::::::::::::::::::A Visit to Troop 129::::::::::

Grampa Jim blogged about Michael and Aaron visiting his Troop with photos.

::::::::::::::::::::::::2007 Summer Vacation Album::::

I'm almost finished!!!! :) Shutterfly has a free 20 page thank you book and I'm trying to take advantage of the deal.





Take care! :)

4 comments:

Sue said...

The girls look so cute and happy with their new adventure in tennis. I am so glad the weather is cooler this week for them.
Whoo Hoo

Michael Taylor said...

Are you insinuating that our kids got their love of team sports from me?

20Birds said...

i love the tennis picturecs!!! and that bottom layout ...the bracket, the ferns, the main photo and the rest of the story in the other photos... the colros, all of it is great

Carol said...

You and me both! I'm aiming to get a book printed, I think I'll end up getting another "Things" book printed (if you can get a reprint of an existing book) so I have one for myself seeings that one went to mum.

I so admire your girls with the tennis. I'm so unco-ordinated. Not in my lifetime!