Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That:

Noah's self-portrait:
My toothless boy:



Michael took some photos of my attempts at royal icing flowers for my Cake Art class:


Victorian roses, daffodils, daisies, and chrysanthemums:





also...primroses, apple blossoms, and violets:


Michael came home early on Friday, so I picked him up and we had lunch with Noah and Eve who happen to be scheduled closely together for lunch.
Noah was trying to get his food container open:

Noah: "It's hard to eat ice cream with no front teeth."

Forget about Texas...don't mess with Eve:
Mmmm...chocolate milk:



:::::::::::Helping Hand:::::::::

Michael and I went to help some friends from church at a garage sale where the proceeds go to the cancer center. Noah and their son were friends in pre-k. Sadly, their son died from cancer, but they have turned their grief into positive efforts to help kids fighting cancer. We were only able to stay a couple hours because Michael was suffering from a painful head cold. We were so impressed by the people who donated their time and who came to support by buying items. Michael was able to purchase a rock climbing harness for the girls.

Take care! :)

5 comments:

klonghall said...

Impressive flowers! I can cook up some good dinners for my family, but I have no talent for making things pretty like that!

Great pic of you at lunch, too!

Sue said...

You are really having fun making flowers! Beautiful flowers!
Noah and Eve the toothless wonders! How cute! My snuggle bunnies!

Carol said...

Well look at you and all your flowery goodness. How absolutely sweet they are. I can imagine a white iced cake with all those little daisys all over it. Gorgeous! And lovely to see your picture too!

What a great thing that family does, such a painful time in their lives but turning it around to help others in their son's name. Wonderful.

Chocolate Cat said...

I am so impressed with your icing flowers!!! They are so good! That is something I won't even attempt. My fingers are too big and chunky and I am far too unco-ordinated (not an attractive picture I'm painting is it!!).

Simantha said...

impressive!!! and are those pictures taken with the new camera??? fun fun! hey i tagged you, check out my blog to see what you have to do