Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween is Almost Here!



Halloween is almost here. The pumpkins are carved and molding on the porch. Candy is being eaten...bought...eaten. The kids have their costumes finished. Not bad.

:::::::::::::::::::Book Review:::::::::::

The kids and I really enjoyed this book from start to finish. The characters are pretty funny and clever. The plot is filled with brave efforts from the orphan children that pass a very bizarre series of tests. Oh, of course, there are orphans in this book. The kind and narcoleptic father figure, Mr. Benedict, is a very interesting guy. Milligan, who has lost his memory, is Lurch crossed with James Bond...yep, truly! This was a super cool read! I recommend this one.

::::::::::::::::Someday My Prince...ss will come::::::::::::




All of these are by Rachel Designs at Scrapartist.com

Take care! :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I like your first clip art from It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Maddy and I tried to watch that together tonight, but she fell asleep. Oh the life of a 3 week old. :)

Carol said...

Rachel and Eve, I thought some day my prince would come and he did. I plan to still be reading your mum's blog in years to come ... you better be still writing Victoria!!! So I look forward to seeing your princes come too.

Now tell me Victoria, what on earth do you do with all the pumpkin gunk from inside the pumpkin. Do you make soup or something?

Sue said...

Rachel is a chip of the old block and so very clever. Love the layout. If we don't have many trick or treaters, we can eat my candy,too! Life is good.