Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


I have been innoculating myself against the menace of HCOK (Halloween Candy Over Kill). I simply eat the fun sized candies in small portions throught the month to build up my resistance to the huge stash of candy the kids will bring home. I think it is working.

***Book Review***

This is like one protracted article written for The Onion. The story about a 3-legged deodorant inventor has some life out loud moments, but definitely leans to the more low brow humor end of the humor spectrum. It is an interesting exercise in writing books in a different way. There are hits and misses, but overall it was okay.

In tribute to the next book on my list, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
I really like the remake of the song "Zombie" done by Miser .
You may remember the original by The Cranberries.


***Field Day***
Here are a couple of photos of Eve on her favorite Field Day center:





Here is Noah:

Noah and his class were thrilled to maintain their teacher's undefeated status in the tug of war. WOOT! WOOT!

I'm off to read! Smiles:)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Children have so much fun on field days.