Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just Call Me...



::::::::::Nicknames:::::::
Eve, Noah and I were discussing nicknames. I call Eve, Eveybug and I call Noah, No E Monster. They have a boy that they know at school named Robert and they were asking what are nicknames for his name. I threw out Bob, Bobby, and Rob. Noah suggested "Bobert". I told him I had never heard of anyone going by that, but you never know. Then Noah said, "You can love me. You can even worship me, just don't call me No E Monster. If you are going to worship me you can call me Noah the Great.

I think we all can safely say that I will be continuing with the No E Monster...thanks for the suggestion though.

Here are some new digital pages of the kiddos:










::::::Some of My Favorite Layouts and Why::::::::





This layout was a fun science experiment we did with the kids to answer a question they had:









It was fun to show this photo to Eve since she is in 1st grade now:









I love some of the stuff Noah thinks deeply about:









I was amazed at the artwork that captivated Noah the longest:









I have never seen an episode of Survivor, but from what people talk about I think this captures the essence of a show in a twisted and fun way:









We really enjoyed visiting New York City and I love this layout because the artwork is a sketch Michael did that I extracted and made the lines white instead of black:




:::::::::::::::::Birthday Dinner::::::

We just got back from Granny Sydney's house. She made Michael a yummy birthday dinner. We had rolls, barbequed spareribs, corn, green beans, and rice. She made brownies for dessert. The kids had fun playing with the snow on the back deck and with some of the toys. Michael and I had fun just getting to talk with his mom. Thanks, Sydney!


Time to read...The Wordy Shipmates

Smiles

2 comments:

JP2E said...

Great layouts, as always! Mom and I are sharing your BLOG together for valentines day.
I have lots of pix of the kids in the snow this weekend, check them out...

Michael Taylor said...

I love your scrapbook layouts. It's really nice to have these images to jog my memory of some of these wonderful events that we've had in out lives. I love you.