Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boys and Their Toys...




********************End of an Era**********

Noah and Michael have been working on Noah's last Pinewood Derby car:













****************************Cupcakes and Book Club************

Book Club time, again, for Eve's 2nd grade class. Here is a sample of the book mark I made for the kids to remind them of our meeting dates:



I used some fun graphics and alphabets from Lettering Delights .



Last week I took a box of Whole Grain Goldfish for a snack because in the book Peter goes to a birthday party where the kids get real goldfish as a present. I warned the kids to NEVER give pets as a gift at parties because the animal might be injured, or inadequately taken care of if the parent has no warning when the animal is taken home. This week I made cupcakes with homemade chocolate frosting because in the book Peter's little brother, "Fudge", celebrates his third birthday with a chocolate frosted cake with yellow roses. I decided what to make at 10:30am and had them baked and frosted by 11:45am. I put extra frosting in containers and grabbed my spatula, then off to school. When I got there I promptly banged the container into my steering wheel as I tried to exit the car. They all toppled over...not pretty. I also managed to drop my bag with the book and containers of frosting in a puddle next to my car. I grabbed the book and wiped it off, then the containers and through them in the bag. I opened the container and righted all the cupcakes. Luckily, the flavor doesn't change when the frosting is mushed. I guess the moral tale to tell is take a photo before you travel.





Michael said the frosting tastes exactly like his Granny Vone's. That is a compliment, people.



********************Piano Lessons**********



Eve and I just got back from piano lessons. Her teacher was pleased as punch that she decided to memorize all 3 pages of her recital piece. She has been trying really hard. We are pleased as punch too.



Later, gators.

3 comments:

JP2E said...

Great post!! Keep sharing everything our amazing grandchildren do; Oh, and you can share whatever those two people they live with are doing too, if you want.
Looking forward to seeing Noah's race and hearing Eve's recital. See y'all friday...

Sue said...

It should be see you tonight at cub scouts!
Loved the blog. YOu did have an adventure with the cupcakes and yes, it is wise to make all photos before leaving a secure location. We are also very excited about Eve's upcoming recital and Noah's pinewood derby.
I hope Cub scouts is ready for Granny bagpipes. See ya! tonight

Michael Taylor said...

he looks so sharp in his glasses.