Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shiny Things!


(Paislee Press, Oscraps, and font called Pea Our Best Bites)
The kids were thrilled to make their own glass flowers on our vacation.

Rachel creates a glass flower at The Holdman Gallery at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah:



I will upload photos and video of the boys tomorrow. I tripped the breaker, on purpose, but didn't realize my computer was on that particular breaker and I was working on some photos of Noah.

***********Hanging with Eve*****

Eve has been sick since yesterday and has turned the corner this evening. Her siblings have been getting her water, cool damp wash clothes, fresh towels, and sitting with her if I had to step out for a moment. I was able to finish painting our bathroom during a Rachel covered break. It was nice having such willing help.

***********Bathroom Renovations*****

Rachel well tell you I lack a bit of creativity. I found a color I really liked and a style, so I used it for both of our bathrooms. I went with white painted bead board on the bottom of the wall with a chair rail, and white crown molding. I am pleased as punch with the color I chose from Home Depot's primer paint in one. The color is "Crystal Waters." I just need to throw on another coat of white on the crown molding in both bathrooms and one on the bead board in our bathroom to finish the painting. Michael and I will get the vanity sometime this week. FINALLY!

Smiles!

1 comment:

Michael Taylor said...

I'm really glad we stumbled upon this place. It was a lot of fun.