Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Some fun new layouts:



Kit by Sandra Boddington at The Digishoppe and The Sweet Shoppe
Inked Edge by Nancie Rowe Janitz
Paper tear by Fhunglie
Font: TKdoodle


Festive Mood kit by Sandra Boddington at The Digishoppe
Decorative edge by Michelle Coleman


******Check out Sandra Boddington's super cool doodles by clicking her name on the side of my blog. She is a wonderful designer and friend o' mine!

::::::::::House Update::::::::::

My dad finished framing and sheetrocking the tray ceiling. He doesn't care for my simple tastes. I wanted a simple rectangle within a rectangle. he wanted to do a modified octagon. I lean heavily to Craftsmen style, so even though I think what he wanted to do was lovely, it didn't suit me. Michael liked the color I picked for the bedroom. The color is one I saw on the Behr paint website and it's called "Mother Nature"Paint sample page. If you go to the green section you will see what I mean.

Michael, dad and I got all of the old cabinets out of the kitchen. Michael got an electric shock taking the flourescent bulb fixture down. He thought he had the correct breaker off, but there was a secondary breaker off the same outlet and he zapped himself pretty good. He is completely worn out working full-time, then coming home to work until late. He also had to work a little over-time as a favor at work. We need the money, but the toll is getting a bit much on him.

The base cabinets will hopefully be in by tomorrow evening, so the counter top folks can create a template. I also received confirmation emails from the appliance folks in California saying the oven and cooktop are coming my way. I need y'all to cross your fingers and toes so we can get all these tasks done by the time of the couple's dinner at our house.

:::::::::Phrases Aaron finds amusing::::::::::

My dad always says, "We're burnin' daylight!"

I tell the kids that Paw Paw is going to show up at our house, "at the Crack of Early!"

I hope y'all are having a great weekend!

No comments: