Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Life is What's Happening When Your Busy Making Plans:

While watching the Blues Brothers(well, mostly listening)I put together this:
with a little help from Michael. He said that if I could put together Legos from the photo directions I could do this too! This table was a compromise to something I had in mind for michael to build. He noticed it in the Ikea showroom and I think he made a great find. I like the look and function of this piece. It's price tag also saved us on the order of $500.00.

For Chef Michael we picked up this:
This should be quite useful for Michael's creative cooking needs and will move out of the way and not take up too much room.

:::::::HOUSE Renovation update:::::::::
Michael and I are sleep deprived and my dad is close to overdosing on Ibuprophen for his aches and pains. Ahhh! The joy of renovating. Michael has finished laying the kitchen floor and put together about 1/2 of 3 cabinets. We have a contract for a new garage door and opener, the gutter guy is coming to give an estimate tomorrow. I discovered that the previous owners didn't use a primer before putting the wallpaper up, so my one day job of stripping wallpaper will probably be 2 more for stripping the paper, then putting a new skim coat. Followed by primer and paint. When Michael pulled off the old cabinets we discovered a large gap in the ceiling that we will have to repair and we will have to replace the sheet rock where they did some nasty mastic and laminate.
My dad yanked out the ceiling in the master bedroom, which I was able to dispose of before the rain came today. He rebraced it for a double tray ceiling. He has to re-run the ductwork and electricity, then put up the sheet rock. Maybe on Monday or Tuesday I will be up there putting in the wood flooring. Michael showed me how to stagger the seams, glue the edge and use the table saw. Eve actually likes piecing the floor, so I bet she would be a great helper.

2 comments:

janna said...

Sounds super busy at your house!

Sandra Evertson said...

Cool stuff, Lovely blog you have here!
Sandra Evertson