Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

Yes, folks we have a nest of baby bunnies in our yard. As I was mowing the Fire Ant Georgia Hilton...my yard I ran over a patch of ground that resembled an abandoned fire ant mound. I glanced back thinking that I had dodged the horrible prospect of flying angry fire ants hitting my bare legs to see the ground quiver. I cut the motor to the lawn mower and went back to look again. Indeed, the ground was quivering under the thin layer of soil. I went to grab one of the sticks I had collected from our Wild Cherry Tree and went about gently removing the soil. Underneath was a bunch of loose fur and little creatures with brown bodies, a stub tail and oval ears flattened to their heads. I called for Aaron to ask Michael what to do. He said leave them alone and cover up the nest. He checked them out when he got home from work and verfied that they were bunnies. At this point we are going to live and let live. Here is a site with photos of exactly the same stage as our bunnies:

Photo of baby Cottontails.


:::::::::::::My Mom...the Cyclops:::::


Text: My Mom...the Cyclops!


Her name is Victoria.
She is always the one with the camera. Thanks to my mom I get to see me on my birthday, vacation and just being silly. My favorite thing is to make funny faces. Mom just laughs.


Love, Noah
the Cyclops Boy!



Lovin' Life kit by Kay Miller
Backward Staple by Jenn Patrick
Word Bits by Kate Hadfield and Tiff Brady
Journaling Doodles by Kate Hadfield
Date Stamp by Amber Clegg
Doodle Alpha by Weeds and Wildflowers
Fonts: DB Doodl E Doo, DB POOJA, DB CONNORBUCK by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick



:::::::::::::Detour::::::::::

I decided to tackle the yard, yesterday, rather than the inside. What do I get for my efforts? My yard looks 100% better. I am no longer in the running for Trailer Park Weekly. I was a lawn mowin'...weed eatin' fool. Michael came home and finished up my odds and ends because I ran out of gas, literally and figuratively. Today is appears I may have poison ivy...AGAIN! on my ankles, or some fire ant bites. My pointed out that it may be a combination of the two. HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!
Today, the inside of the house!

Smiles!

3 comments:

Sara E said...

oh my.....that started out as a super scary ant moment and turned into something so cute ......

I wish those little bunnies the best!

20Birds said...

awww, said my kids when i showed them the bunny picture... "all we have are skunks." and you cracked me up with the trailer park weekly line... because that is what our backyard does look like, I am so stealing that line soon for my own blog... with the moving in and out,... the back yard is the only place to put stuff until i can go to the dump and/ or salvation army

Alissa said...

oh those baby bunnies in the link are too cute :)

Fire ants and poison ivy together, boy are you lucky!

:)

Have a great day!