Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, January 02, 2009

The New Year Begins...

Yes, folks! The time of year for Girl Scouts selling their cookie wares has arrived:


If anyone is interested in placing an order, please email me. This is the first year that Daisy Girl Scouts are selling, so Eve is included in this Public Service Announcement.

5 comments:

Carol said...

OMG, I'm absolutely speechless. We expect to turn the calendar to a new year, a new leaf, new luck, and yours started like this, not to mention all the other victims. But remember, you guys are victims too having been the ones to chance upon the accidents. {{{{hugs}}}}

JP2E said...

Glad the kids were here with us and not there to see the results of such an accident.
Hopefully things will go better in the new year...

Chocolate Cat said...

I am so glad you only happened upon the accident and weren't involved. I can't imagine anything much worse to see and experience. Your new year can only get better than this. Hugs xx
Wish I was close enough to order some girl guide cookies from the girls!

Alison said...

Thank you for your story. The man killed was my brother in law. Are you sure he was in the passenger seat? We have all been told he was driving. Thank you for trying to help.

Michael Taylor said...

I am deeply sadden by this entire tragedy. I haven't really slept since. Neither Victoria and I witnessed the accident happen. The controversy over who was actually driving caused me to delete my post from my blog.
I just want to state for the record that I don't know who was actually driving. I assumed that since Russell was outside the car near the passenger door that he was the passenger. That was an assumption on my part and I have no other information to back it up. I simply can't say for sure. It was a very chaotic evening. Had I realized that so many friends and family would find my blog and this blog I would have been more careful and not referred to either victim as driver or passenger. I'm truly sorry for not considering the implications when I assumed that one victim was driving and the other was the passenger. It was a mistake that I deeply regret.