Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, June 05, 2009

Meeooowww! WOOOFFF!

Tis raining felines and canines outside.


::::::::::Pages for Noah's Book::::








We had a successful jaunt to the library anyway and picked Noah up from a fun day at Twilight Camp.

:::::::Drama Camp Performance::::::

Rachel's Drama Camp performs the skits and dance numbers they have been working on in the afternoon on Friday. She and her friends are pretty excited and a bit tired out.

:::::Nice to Hear:::::::

I have been e-mailing with a gentleman to set up a time to meet at the library for him to buy one of the remaining yearbooks from the elementary school. He said he and his wife could meet me at 7:30pm, so Michael and I loaded Rachel and Eve in the car and I grabbed the 5 books I had left. I saw a nicely dressed woman walk in with one of the first graders from out school. I didn't say anything because I know that little girl had purchased a yearbook (I retain a lot of superflous information in my noggin). The librarian, Sheelagh, went to speak with her and see if she needed any help (Sheelagh is just a cool person). The lady said she was supposed to meet a lady about a yearbook, but didn't have a name. I piped up and said, "That would be me. I'm the Yearbook Lady." We had a delightful conversation and I found out she was buying a second yearbook for the other grandmother. She asked if I brought along anymore yearbooks because she found out that a neighbor was unable to afford one for her fifth grader. I told I had brought them all along just in case. So, she ended up buying two books from me. She thanked me for the work put into the book and said she was pleased that I signed up for next year. She is already planning to buy two books in the fall. All in all, it was great to meet such a wonderful lady. I think I talked her in to getting involved in reading to her granddaughter's class this year, too.

:::::::::::Just Cause:::::



I am Animal-level excited that Archway cookies are back on the shelves. I picked up some oatmeal cookies and some Iced Oatmeal cookies. Simple pleasures,people! YEEEEAAAA!

Smiles!

2 comments:

Sue said...

The yearbook brings so much pleasure to so many people. I am so proud of you for all the hard work and devotion to continue to give the children at the school. Love you!
It was a rainy night in Georgia and we got wet. I am glad Noah is having such a good time in camp. I am still bummed that I can't see Rachel perform at Drama camp. I hae to work today.

Michael Taylor said...

It was great to hear that she was buying another yearbook for the boy who couldn't afford one. It's easy to get really cynical about the state of the world these days but nice people like her give me a lot of cause for hope. :)