Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, June 01, 2009

So, It Begins...




::::::::::::Summer Camp Time:::::



Rachel started Drama Camp today. She has a few friends that signed up, as well. Our neighbor's daughter is one of them, so this morning they took her to camp.



Yesterday, Michael and I went to the parent orientation for the Cub Scout Twilight Camp that Noah will be attending this week. The theme is "Under the Sea". One of the days the camp director will dress up like Davy Jones and explain the rules.
The program director and camp director have put a lot of preparation into this camp and it sounds like the boys are going to have a blast.

::::::::::::Nap Olympics::::::

I think I have been in training for the Nap Olympics. It has been a few years (maybe it has been never) since I've gotten 2 hours of uninterrupted nap time. I had a pleasant one yesterday. I also went for an evening walk at the park and saw church friends, elementary school teachers, and extended family. The day was really hot but the light breeze and the cooling temperature in the evening made it a wonderful time to walk. I did my usual route, which ends up being around 6.86 miles by the pedometer. I followed that with my usual reward of a blueberry/banana smoothie chaser. I also had a headache trying to make me uncomfortable, but not enough of one to get any ibuprophen or acetaminophen. As I type the headache has all but disappeared.

Noah and Eve are sleeping on the couch and chair downstairs. They were very excited to get to stay up and watch the movie "Ant Bully" and get to sleep outside of their bedrooms.

:::::::::::::Scout Camp:::::::

Aaron left for Scout Camp on Sunday and isn't scheduled to return until Saturday. He drove up with another boy in his troop with the other boy's dad driving. He and this other boy went to the Special Olympics at Emory University on Saturday as helpers. Aaron said they had a good time helping.

::::::::::Aaron Enjoys Cooking, See::::


:::::::::Photos from Noah's Birthday:::::::





...I think I'm going to read for a bit. Smiles!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Naps are sooooo good. Great photos. I should be walking like you are - what a good example you are.
Can't wait to hear about the fun everyone has at camp

Michael Taylor said...

I like the cooking layout.
Glad you were finally able get in your nap and a walk.