Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When Push Comes to Shove...




I'm having fun playing with some templates. Here are a couple of layouts of photos taken during Rachel's bridging ceremony:





::::::::::::News of the Mundane:::


My kids have found interesting things to argue about since school is out for summer. Noah and Eve argued about who would clean the bathroom sink. Noah won.
While I was cleaning my bathroom Noah came in looking for more work. He begged to mop the floor. I "gave in". He finished that then wanted to use the sponge that came with the Mr. Clean bottle.

He said my shower needed scrubbing and he wanted to do it. He asked me what I would be cleaning while he was scrubbing the shower? I told him I would clean the toilet. His response about made me bust a gut... "I'm glad you're cleaning the toilet because I'm fed up having to clean it. I'm always having to clean it. I mean I've cleaned it the last two times!"

Today the two of them argued about who would get to vacuum. They took turns.

I mowed the jungle of grass that has grown with the help of several inches of rain spread over many, consecutive days. Michael sprayed the poison ivy for me since I seem to attract the oil by just being in the vicinity.

:::::::::::::Brownie Points?

I won brownie points from eldest daughter, Rachel, for baking some twice the berry, blueberry muffins. I got to eat some, so their were extra perks involved.

:::::::::::::Mission Impossible:::::

I will be taking Rachel shoe shopping at Target...to start. She wears 4eeee. That translates to FREAKISHLY wide feet and large, splashy tears from my darling daughter. We lucked into some sandals at Target last year that she wore anytime she needed to slip on a pair of shoes quickly. Today they bit the dust. I really want to thank those responsible for making that pair of sandals that we found for Rachel. They were valiant...for a sparkly, pair of inanimate sandals.

::::::::::Dirty Dishes, Hark I hear them calling...
Nasty little things they are, too.

Take care! Smiles!

4 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

Good luck on the quest for square shoes.

Natalie Putnam said...

Hey Victoria. Come over to my blog and join clickin moms (for free). I need as many people as possible!!!! Thanks. Natalie

ps - sign up your husband to :)

Sue said...

If you find square shoes, call your mother!!!!! I went to 3 stores last night in search of shoes and left empty handed. Boo Hoo

Noah can clean my bathroom, too. I will make grits for him. Heck, I will even pay him.

Cheryl said...

Oh man are you lucky or what? Having someone fighting over cleaning your house... me mine just fight over who made the mess in the first place...

Okay I have no idea what Grits are... but I am guessing some think its a good thing... and shoes... mmmm bain of my life too!

Now what I was really wanting to say is I am totally loving your scrap pages and especially the titling on them...

I got pointed in this direction by a friend of mine telling me about your amazing title work... she knows I am looking for a few Creative team members... and boy was she right! if you are interested in playing with my scrap goodies email me at cheryl dot peacock at clear dot net dot nz

you can find my store (cherpea designs) at www.twolittlepixels.com

hope to hear from you...