Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, May 08, 2009

Breakfast Conversation...




...in the Taylor house is a little different. This morning Rachel was arguing with Noah (I know this part may not be too different from other kids in the morning). She asked him, "Hey Noah, do you always have to be right?"

Noah replied, "Well, I don't know String Theory."

I'm not sure how many 8 year-olds that use this in an argument, or show any concern that they don't understand a theory that know one else has a firm grasp on anyway.


:::::::::::::::::::Another Noah Story::::::::::


To preface this story you have to know that the basic Krystal hamburger is always made with diced onions, a dollop of plain yellow mustard (the best condiment ever, in my opinion) and a slice of pickle. Now to our story:

After picking strawberries on Tuesday the kids voted to stop at Krystal's (actually, everyone, but Noah who has lost ALL voting rights to places to stop for food since all he will order is chicken nuggets with ketchup). We ordered 12 Krystal burgers, 2 small plain pups, and two cheese pups. Everyone got Sprite to drink and before we had even said the blessing on the food, Noah had spilled his drink on the floor because he kept gesturing with his arms to explain a joke to Michael that Michael told him he already understood. Noah and I cleaned up the mess and he got a new soda, then I asked Aaron to say a blessing on the food.

Aaron: "Dear Heavenly Father thank you for this food...
Noah: "Hey, there is a pickle on my sandwich!"
Aaron: "...please bless it to nourish...
Noah: "Did you know they put onions on this thing?!"
Aaron finishes the prayer and we all stare at Noah and Michael says, "NOAH, Aaron was saying the prayer. Why did you keep asking about your hamburger?"

Aaron translated Noah's remarks, as follows: "What are you doing?! Are you trying to kill me?!!"

Noah gave his hamburger to Michael and set to eating his fries. About 5 minutes later he is fussing with Eve over the amount of fries she ate.
Noah, "She ate 60% of the fries!" Eve says, "No I didn't!"

Noah: "Well you ate 20% of the 40%." And we said that would make half of the fries. Making up fractions and calculations of all kinds is a Noah thing.


:::::::::::::Some Atlanta Zoo Layouts::::::


::::::::::::::::Strawberry Farm Layouts:::::::::::






Noah getting a noogie from Aaron:


::::::::::::::::::In-Gathering::::::::::

Rachel and I had fun with her troop at In-gathering. I will make some layouts to post soon. Our troop won the "Drama Queen" award for our fantastic skit. It was fun to create and practice with the girls.
We also got to climb the Alpine Tower before the rains hit. I was so proud of Rachel for reaching the top and for the girls that were afraid who tried to go up. The girls also made fleece pillows for a service project that would go to the children's cancer center.
When I got home Michael had detailed my minivan and cleaned the kitchen. Good stuff!

I need to go finish some crocheted socks for one of Rachel's classmate's mother who had a baby girl.

Later, gators! :)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Those precious grandchildren provide wonderful stories that always bring a smile and often a belly laugh. They are in "my heart". Love you!
Mama

Chocolate Cat said...

Love those strawberry farm layouts. Where would you be without your Noah moments. Thanks for sharing them!

JP2E said...

Looking forward to seeing the kids tonight. I have paint for Eve's birdhouse, scout stuff for Aaron, a nice cumfy chair and a book for Rachel, and I have been watching jeapordy and cash cab in preperation for Noah (I'll still loose, but I will go down fighting. LOL)

Rachel said...

Noah-it-all. Though I coldn't survive without some strangly irritating humor. Yes, We were angry then, but it is a laugh at this in the future moment.

Carol said...

Okay, I have to ask, I may live to regret it, but what's a noogie?