Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Takin' to Task

*edited after Girl Scouts. :::::::::::LIFE WITH NOAH::::: We, like many people, have a morning routine. Our routine puts us outside about 2 minutes before the school bus arrives. This morning the bus arrived about 7 minutes late. Noah happened to be wearing a long-sleeved white shirt, navy slacks and a tie (he would have you know that it was not clip-on)because his teacher told the students to dress nicely for their field trip to see a play at Georgia Tech. I stood with the kids as they boarded the bus. The bus driver closed the doors, then pulled forward a little and stopped to open the doors. He is an older gentleman and he looked to be laughing. He asked me, "Is the boy dressed up with a tie your kid?" I had to admit it...so I replied, "Yes." Then, he said, "Well he just checked his watch when he got on the bus and asked me why I was late. He looks like a little business man." I asked the driver if he had ever seen the show "Monk"?, and he responded, "Yes". I said, "Well, that is our Monk." We both laughed and off they went. One of the things Noah loves to do is say things really loud. Here is an example:
One other Noah story: We had Pack meeting last Wednesday. Brother Peterson, the Cubmaster, asked the boys, "Do you want to play a game?" To wit,Noah called out, "If it's for being noisy, I'll win." ::::::::::::::::Another Easter Layout:::::::: I'm off to pick up Eve from Daisy Scouts. Take care!

5 comments:

20Birds said...

Noah sounds like lots of fun! as always the layouts rock and i have missed being here and reading up on life in the peach capital!

Sue said...

You have given me my laugh for the day. Noah is so precise in organizing his life. I love that boy so much. He puts a smile on my face all the time - and certainly a dent in my supply of tape.

Chocolate Cat said...

Lets hope Noah never loses his 'monkness' which makes him who he is!!

JP2E said...

At last!!! I have found someone to live with uncle Denny after I am gone!! Heaven knows where the mail will end up. LOL...

Carol said...

Noah is a crack up ! Love it. Also love the pages you've created, Michael's faces are absolutely priceless in that last one.