Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, May 26, 2008

Noah's Baptism

Noah was so excited on Sunday because he was baptised. Here are a few photos of his special day:


Here are Aaron, Rachel, Noah and Eve. Noah says that the plastic lawn chairs are his "throne", which makes me think he has rather low expectations for kingly wealth.

Michael told the kids to all pout, so they would laugh on the next photo:

Poor Rachel, she just looks so confused:

Michael and Noah in the Primary room:

Another strange Noah expression:

Getting ready for the ordinance:

My mom gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and baptism:

Michael and Noah after getting dressed:

My SIL, Missy, was our pianist:

My SIL, Shelene, was the chorister:

Noah really appreciated everyone for coming and a few folks were able to come back to our house for refreshments. My dad smoked pork tenderloin, my SIL, Laura made brownies and chocolate chip cookie cake (she sent it via Marcus because she wasn't feeling well), Melissa and Angela made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, my mom brought drinks and hot dogs, Granny Sydney brought spagehetti, Michael and I provided chicken nuggets and various sauces. The kids played well together and the adults got to talk. The weather was gorgeous, so we were able to leave the door open and people could be on the porch or just move, more easily through the house. Melissa and her kids lingered the longest and climbed trees and played dress up.

Grampa Jim joked about getting Noah an ant farm, but it became even funnier when Granny Alice actually bought him one. She gave it to him, yesterday. I just have to send off for the ant colony, which should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. I will mail off for them on Tuesday. So our house will be the home of 1 ferret, a gazillion sea monkeys and a colony of ants. I wonder if Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kindgom will be knocking on our door soon asking if they can start filming our family?

Thanks, again, to everyone who could come to the baptism, send something, or just wish Noah well. He was one happy kid! :)

9 comments:

Carol said...

What a special day and Noah's smile tells the whole story. I hope you got pictures of you with the family too ... the automatic shutter thingy taker can be your best friend at times like that.

Dawn Inskip said...

gorgeous photo's Victoria - a real family affair - glad the day was special :)

JP2E said...

I did NOT suggest the ant farm to the other Granny!!! But I am still laughing at the fact that you got it!
Maybe the seamonkey can saddle the ants and ride them over to visit Jasper the ferret.
I am thinking that a flea circus might be the next choice for one of the kids...

Melissa said...

I saw some mail order caterpillars on TV the other day. And I'm sure Rebecca could round you up some bugs around here.

We had a good time. Thanks for letting us hang out so long. Congratulations Noah!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of a special day! thank you for sharing Victoria! :)

Sue said...

I would be even better to have a photo with YOU in the group. It was a wonderful day! We loved every minute. Noah was such a good boy and looked like a "little man." Whoo Hoo for Noah!

Evan Mullins circlecube.com said...

Go Noah! Congratulation!
Sorry I missed it, but I'll see you Sunday, and you better be ready to tell me all about it!
and Thanks for sharing the pics.

Amanda said...

congrats to Noah on his baptism!

janna said...

Congratulation Noah!