Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, February 16, 2009

Beautiful, Breezy Monday


:::::::::Today::::::
I took my normal route to, around and from the park. It was so beautiful today. There was a bit of a cold breeze, but thanks to my trusty sweatshirt life was fine.

:::::::::Yesterday::
I had a rather calm day with the nursery kids at church. Michael came into help and so did a couple of moms. We have a really nice assistant that held our one that wanted to weep. We also have a resident grandpa that keeps the peace. Michael gave the lesson on The Good Samaritan. After book reading the children colored pictures about loving each other. We ended the day by "Walking in the Forest". A fun pretend way to go on a trip and be different animals. Our potty training kid had to opportunities for success, so all around a great couple of hours.

I called my stepmom, Alice, because we had the day open and she said, "Come on down!" She made some bbq chicken, carrots and steamed rice with veggies. My dad has been working hard and not feeling too well. Michael sat with him and watched NASCAR. Michael also played his new guitar. It's a Breedlove and he loves having the cutout and it resonats better than Aaron's beginner's guitar. The kids were good and it was fun to talk with my sister, Katherine. I helped Alice load some family photos she received and she let us put them on our computer too. Michael has them on his laptop, so when he sends me the files I will post a couple of photos. There were a few of the cutest brown-eyed brother of mine when he was a toddler. There were also a few with my dad as a kid and young adult. Fun stuff!


Another Valentine's Day layout from Noah's Party:


:::::::::::::::Book Review:::::::::

Half Magic by Eagerly was a cute book, but not timeless. The book would probably be more fun to just read out right. The kids and I didn't like the Reader's Theatre concept with the discordant voices. We all decided we prefer a narrarator style. The book is about an adventure undertaken by 4 siblings with an old, magic coin. So, if you like adventure stories with magic you would probably enjoy this one.

Must go now! Take care! :)

2 comments:

klonghall said...

I'm glad nursery went well. I hate to be gone.

Sue said...

Nursey children are so sweet and lovable. You are a great nursery leader!
Michael's new guitar is really nice. I know he is enjoying it. He must take it and show it to Jason.
Jim taught Priesthood on Sunday - that must be a lot like Nursery but with less attention span.