Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Oh No! Look at That the Bag Broke Open...


I have taught my daughter a bad habit. SOMETIMES when I buy a bag of candy it ACCIDENTLY breaks open in the car on the ride home, or right after I pull it out of the grocery bag. I put a mortified or annoyed look on my face, then unwrap one of those little treats and pop them in my mouth. Well, Rachel got off the bus on Friday completely miffed with a boy that said she was yelling and popped her in the hands. She said she was just sitting there doing nothing. She was extremely frustrated and cried. Nothing witty, comforting or sarcastic on my part made anything better. Then, she stood up with purpose walked into the kitchen and grabbed a Russell Stover's chocolate covered marshmallow heart that she had chosen for her friend and tore open the bag and said with a teary laugh, "Oh darn, the bag broke!" She popped it into her mouth and laughed. She went on to say that there may be a time in the near future that the other two hearts might have something happen to them. I suppose I'll wait until Thursday to replace the treats for her good friends.

::::::::::::::::Here is a Layout for Rachel's Book:::::::::


Rachel recieved a letter from school letting her know she was nominated for Jr. Beta Club. It is an academic, leadership and service club. She wasn't sure exactly what it was at first, or why it was important. I told her it was for kids who worked hard and wanted to also give service to the community. When I told her she would be giving service she was on board. She works diligently on her school work. I know there are folks out there that things come to easily, but I think with Rachel she has enough smarts to know what she doesn't know and has to work hard to get the information. I respect her work ethic with learning.

:::::::::::::::Indexed.blogspot.com::::::::
I love this website. This index card really made me laugh. It reminds me of the silly conversation you have to have with your kids about chicken fingers. No, chicken's don't have fingers. Why do they call them that, then? So forth...ad nauseum.

I think if that Noah would waste away if chicken fingers didn't exist. Well, that and ketchup.

::::::::::Speaking of Noah::::::::::::
He was tested for the FOCUS program at school last week. I don't know what the outcome will be, but he said the test was a bunch of yes, or no questions that he responded "no" to a lot. He is still creating things out of cardboard boxes and Scotch tape. A couple of weeks ago I let him have carte blanche with scissors and cardboard and he created a plane for he and Eve to seat in with some toys. It was pretty cool. I felt bad tossing it, but our house is too small. When I left my Mom's last night he had a roll of Scotch tape. I'm curious to wait he makes today.

::::::::::::Something I agree with:::::::


::::::::::::Paid Off::::::::::
These are the sofa and chairs we bought for the den. They are so comfortable. Michael is napping on the sofa now. We wanted something that all of us could flop on and be comfortable. The pillow like covers on the armrests are ideal. The kid's like that their body heat warms up the chair pretty quickly. No buyers remorse is a good thing.



:::::::::::::Aaron:::::::::
and Michael had a lock in at Atlanta Rocks climbing gym with Aaron's scout troop. Then, this morning, Michael drove Aaron to a merit badge clinic to learn about electronics with his other troop.

:::::::::::::Eve:::::::::::
had an early morning trip to Home Depot with Grampa Jim planned. She loves to build, create and craft.

Well, I've got to wake up the napper in a moment to get on with the rest of the day. Take care! :-)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Shhhh ... Rachel ... don't tell your mum but another good thing is to say you have to eat the rest of the packet otherwise the lollies will go stale.

I'll slink away now.

PS : Love the couch!!!

Chocolate Cat said...

So glad Rachel found a way to cope with a frustrating boy! (there will be plenty of those times in the future). Think I will need to use that excuse myself!! Love the loungesuite , it looks so comfy!

Sue said...

chocolate is a girls best friend. hmmmmmmm I hope Rachel's cough has gone away.