Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dog Biscuit on Wheels



:::::::::::::::::::::::Photofunia.com:::::::::

ROCKS! I love playing with these photo effects!



My sister, Tracy, is a looker!

Noah is a cutie pie,too!

Base jumping...or rather Bill board jumping:

::::::::::::::::::::::Family Book Reading::::::::::::

I finished reading this book to the kids a few days ago. I had never read it before and the kids had a bit of a hard time following the parts when he got into Medieval jargon, but Rachel and Aaron followed it okay. Noah found it boring and Eve often fell asleep. I, on the other hand, found it amazing. I loved the parts about chivalry, free will and monarchy. If you are a member of the Catholic faith you might be rather offended. The main character wants to overthrow the monarchy for a Republic and get rid of the power of the Catholic church over the people. Twain writes some persuasive and insightful ideas in regards to free will. I can't recommend this book for a family reading book for everyone, but for an older teen and adults it is great food for thought.


::::::::::::::::::::Feeling Puny:::::::::::

Eve fell asleep in my arms about 5:30 pm. My guess is she is still sick. I suppose going to school today wiped her out. Poor kid.

I'm off to get everyone to bed. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite! :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Love all those photo effects. I did one of Mike on a t-shirt worn by Angelina. He loves it! hmmmmmmm.

Chocolate Cat said...

I just love those photo effects! Never seen them before.

Sue said...

I very much want to learn how to do those photo effects. They are so great.