Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Long Winded Post...Literally and Figuratively

My mom was requested to play at Camp Creek by Eve's former preschool teacher, Crystal. Crystal now does Read Across America, so she read a story, then my mom explained about the Highland Pipes, the Shuttle Pipe, the chanter, and the history of the Georgia tartan. She performed for Eve, Noah and Rachel's classes and a group of 2nd graders and kindergartners that she didn't have a grandchild in attendance. Here she is playing for Eve's class:

She played classics and a newer composition by Sir Paul McCartney.



Mom had squealing sounds and couldn't tell from which part, so Rachel came up and made the diagnosis.


We ran over to the local eatery called The Blue Rooster and I bought two of my favorite gals lunch.


Oh yeah, Happy St. Patrick's Day!



My sister-in-law, Melissa posted that on Facebook and I love any chance to relive Muppet Show episodes.
:::::::::::::Noah's Art:::::::::::
Noah's art teacher has been teaching the third grade about the works of Grant Wood. Here is Noah's take on a classic:


I did a successful run to Ikea this morning. I grabbed a cool small shelf unit called "Trofast" with some slip in white drawers. I got the lids, too. Now I have Eve's art supplies all in one place. Yeah!

:::::::::::::Current Personal Reading Book:::::::

I'm really enjoying this one.


::::::::::::Family Reading Book:::::::

Noah has read this one already and suggested it for everyone.


3 comments:

Sue said...

I had a great time. The children are wonderful and so sweet. The teachers were so welcoming. We had a terrific time and you are a great agent! Crystal handled her "book malfunction" with ease. She is a hoot! We need to take the show on the road.

Sue said...

I forgot to comment on Noah's book Cardboard Genius. That could be the title of his autobiography. He has enough cardboard creations at our house!

Carol said...

Well done to your mum, what beautiful sounds bagpipes make. Have you told her you know (well "know" through me) a reed maker??? Remember, Gilmour Reeds, the Reed you Need! LOL