Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, January 29, 2007

Ex-Ter-Mi-Nate!

Eve is a very silly girl who loves to watch Dr. Who. She also loves to pretend to be a Dalek:


Simple Expressions by Jen Wilson, Arrows by Kate Hadfield, Staples Michelle Coleman, Brushed Messy Frames by Jen Wilson, tape and stitching by Tia Bennett, Borderlines and Borderlines 2 by Sande Krieger, Check by Mirranda Reinhardt, paint stroke and Hand Stamped Alpha by Michelle Coleman, Font: Pea Jane, Stans Hand, Artistamp Medium, Century Gothic

:::::::::::::::New Family Reading Time Book:::::



This is a book by Kate DiCamillo who also wrote Because of Winn Dixie. Here is a link to her site:
Kate DiCamillo's site

We finished up Peter Pan in Scarlet last Friday. The kids enjoyed the book and I felt it stayed true to the characters created by J.M. Barrie. I recommend the read.



::::::::::::::::::Weekend::::::::::::::::::::

Saturday my mother and I were taken to lunch at The Atlanta Bread Company by our friend Carol. Half Chicken salad sandwich on nine grain bread with a bowl of chunky Potato soup was super tasty. Then, we grabbed a few sale items for my kids at Belks. We also checked out the new Trader Joe's grocery store and it seemed pretty cool.

I got a phone call from Aaron's Sunday School teacher telling me that Aaron was misbehaving in class. She asked if I would sit in with him. I told her I was in charge of leading music for the primary, but I asked her to talk to Michael. Michael said he would sit in with the class. He also explained to her that Sunday School was really the only hour Aaron isn't supervised by one of us, so it was frustrating that we were being called to sit in. He told her that Michael was has been Aaron's Cub Master and is now the Scout Master and that Aaron is home schooled. The poor lady was in tears. Michael told her he appreciated her calling, but just wanted to explain some background with Aaron. I told the Primary pianist all this, too. She has a lot of experience with children and behavior and she offered a great listening ear. The weird part about it all was that Michael went to bed feeling awful on Saturday and so did Aaron. So, neither of them went to Church on Sunday. I hope she had a nice reprieve.

::::::::::::::::Berlin Wall:::::::::

Aaron and I just finished watch the footage of the Berlin Wall going up and then being torn down. The wall came down the year I was married. The footage is so moving!

Almost time for Running Club. Aaron is actually doing biking and running with the club, today.

No comments: