Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Barefoot in the Spring:


Text: “If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.”

Sing Spring kit by Sausan Designs at Scrapbookgraphics, Curled Edges by Anna Aspnes, Font: Jane Austen

This layout uses an excerpt from this poem:

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
I'd relax, I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances.

I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would perhaps have more actual troubles,
but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

You see, I'm one of those people who live
sensibly and sanely hour after hour,
day after day.

Oh, I've had my moments,
And if I had it to do over again,
I'd have more of them.
In fact, I'd try to have nothing else.
Just moments, one after another,
instead of living so many years ahead of each day.

I've been one of those people who never goes anywhere
without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat
and a parachute.
If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.

If I had my life to live over,
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring
and stay that way later in the fall.
I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies.

Nadine Stair,
85 years old.


:::::::::::::::::Paint, Caulk and Sheetrock::::

Oh, my! Michael, Aaron and I went to help Reu and Ang work on their house to ready it for sale. The taupe wall color Ang picked looked great. Michael spent his time working on taping the sheetrock and sanding the walls. Michael's hands were cracked and painful from being dried out by the sheetrock dust. He used my watermelon scented Shea butter. He is now a shea butter convert.


:::::::::::::::::My Hero::::::::::::
Granny Sue bought this for Rachel:



Here is a synopsis that I found on Amazon.com: George Sunday's life took an unexpected turn when he met and fell in love with Janet Dawkins, a nurse from Earth. The thing is, George is also Thermoman, from the planet Ultron, who dashes from one catastrophe to another as he juggles his two jobs: superhero and health food shop owner. Keeping George's identity secret is very difficult for the young couple, but luckily Janet's parents and colleagues just think he is an idiot.

3 comments:

Michael Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Taylor said...

You did this layout in, like, 15 minutes! You took the pictures and had me upload them to the computer and 15 minutes later you're blogging the results.
You're a MACHINE!!!

sausan said...

What a beautiful spring layout, Victoria! Thank you so much for using my designs and it makes me happy to hear that you enjoyed working with it! Oh and the doodle font seems to go perfectly well with this cute Dr.Seuss bday card!! Great idea! Also love your Blown Away layout! Gorgeous colors with the beautiful pics! Great work!
Thanks for your sweet wishes to our "Flu-House", We're slowly recovering ;) Was a bad experience, especially for little Josh. But good luck he's better again!
Have a beautiful day !

Sylvie