Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blown Away


Genuine Spirit Kit by Michelle Coleman
Font: DBAnna


Eve was being blown around by the wind during our family vacation to the Grand Canyon. She was determined to climb everything and keep up with her siblings.
:::::::::::::It's A Down Right:::::::

Frog strangler outside! The rain has been going in cycles from light to sheeting all day. Aaron went off on his scooter to the library during a lull in the rain. I was about to go pick him up when a maniac ringing of the door bell sounded. I opened the door to a grinning, soaked 12 year-old. He simply said, "I'm fine. May I have a towel." What a hoot!

Michael took a nap while Aaron watched Noah and Evey. Rachel had a Brownie scout meeting.

Right now Michael is awake and we are watching the Eyewitness show called "Sight". Eyes are fascinating.


::::::::::::::March Madness at:::::::::

Anna Benjamin's site called Paper Moons . Check out her site. She has some Herculean plans!

::::::::::::::Just Finished::::::::::::::

this book:

"In the second to last of O'Brian's wildly popular "Aubrey and Maturin" novels, the seafaring duo are hot on the trail of Napoleon Bonaparte, who has escaped from exile on Elba and is threatening to invade Europe. The plot hinges on a shipment of Islamic gold that must be intercepted at all costs." * excerpt from internet.

I am in awe of Patrick O'brian's brillant character development and flow of information and dialogue! Two characters I had become accustomed to reading about died in this book. One who felt like a trusted friend and all around great guy. I was bummed, but O'brian is true to his creative muse, so I don't arm chair quarterback his writing.

My next read is Amazing Grace by Eric Metaxas about William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery. I have to hurry it is due in a week.


:::::::::::::Girl Scout Cookie:::::::

pickup is Saturday. I may need to pick them up under armed guard. Michael is already getting a shake down at work with folks demanding the goods. Girl Scout Cookies are addictive!

3 comments:

Canay said...

I'm confused, how do you have time to read when you are a digital scrapper, who bolgs, and has children??? hmmm...please share your secret. I started a book last June and I still haven't finished it. But your seafaring book sounds like something I would enjoy. I didn't read Amazing Grace but I saw the movie. the movie was good but I'm sure the book will be much better and go into thoughts, feelings and emotions that are hard to portray in a movie.

janna said...

:Girl Scout Cookie ~> My Dh orders them every year!!! And I cannot wait for my thin Mints.

I love all of your LO's!!!

Michael Taylor said...

... and she homeschools the oldest. I don't know how she does it either but she'e irreplacable.