Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt Confusion:



This is a kit called Somewhat Daisical by Cindy Irvine over at Elemental Scraps, the folded template is by Karah Fredericks, the alpha is from Sing Spring by Sausan Designs at Scrapbookgraphics, Vintage frame by Nancy Comelab, the font is DW Bunny Hop from 2Peas

Rachel went around re-hiding the Easter eggs she found and looked at us like we were seriously disturbed for laughing. She was so adorable. She loves to hear about what a serious kid she was. She never laughed out loud, but she would suffer a smile now and then. I think she was trying to determine the best course of escape or trying to determine if Pi actually has an ending number. I guess we will never know!

:::::::::::::::Aaron::::::::::::
is feeling much better today. After his friends got home from school he went and played pool.


:::::::::::::::Blue at the Mizzen::::
I finished the reading this book today. I am starting to have mild anxiety realizing there is only one book left, 21. The book only has 3 chapters, which was what was left on Patrick O'Brian's desk when he died. Argh, I feel like a group of my rowdy sailing buddys are about to die. Almost like they are a group of dear friends who moved away, but never write. I'm sure there is a name for this form of psychosis. There maybe many writers out there that can illicite such feelings of intimacy, where you feel like the proverbial fly on the wall, but I have found few. O'Brian wrote using my love of history and wove in the tales of the sea that I am completely ignorant. If feel like the character, Dr. Stephen Maturin, when he has sailed with Capt. Jack Aubrey for years and years, but can't get the hang of sea terms, or parts of the ship. It has been a wild ride and I have looked forward to each turn of the page.

:::::::::They're after Me Lucky Charms::::::

I will try and post a couple of photos of Noah in his cool Leprechan mask. The mask is comes complete with a buckled hat and a curled red beard!

No comments: