Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Trying to Finish Up...

some pages for the kids. I want to print some of their layouts through Shutterfly. They would be printed and bound in a library type book. One of the problems I have is not scrapping chronologically. I don't like to use a photo if I'm not particularly inspired to at the moment. So, I have been going into my in progress file ideas and trying to work with them to get pages for each of the children. I asked Rachel if she wanted a book that was mostly about her or one that went chronologically. She replied immediately that she wanted it to be personal. I've watched the kids get the first scrapbooks I made for them and want to share them with each other and friends. They love to share this way, so I will go with the flow and do each a personal book.


Cluster Frames by Nancy Comelab,
Robot by Anna Benjamin at Papermoons,
Space Doodles by Kate Hadfield,
Font: DB Michael (Michael's own font by Darcy at blueflombingo.com)
The "Monolith" is the blank font by Gina Miller from the kit Color Me Funky






This layout is of Michael and Noah working on a static electricity experiment. Noah was Scientist of The Day in this layout.
Dear Diary kit by Erica Hite,
Cluster Frames by Nancy Comelab,
Font: DB Michael




Color Me Funky by Kate Hadfield and Gina Miller, Cluster Frames by Nancy Comelab, Umbrella and rain doodles by Kate Hadfield




Color Me Funky kit by Kate Hadfield and Gina Miller, Easter stickers by Sausan, Bunny from Some Bunny Loves Me by Julie Mead, Cluster Frames by Nancy Comelab, Stitched Doodle Alpha by Kate Hadfield, journal piece by Misty Mareda




Mary Fran's Giddy Up kit,
Craft flower by Anna Benjamin at Papermoons,

:::::::::::::::::Family Reading::::::::

Last night we read Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein as one of our filler books. The kids enjoyed the zany poems. This is our filler book because Rachel has developed a fear of the book The Westing Game because the characters talk about a corpse in the Westing house. She said it gave her nightmares. Since she is starting testing this week and next. I decided not to push the book. I received several book reviews from a friend, so I will put them on hold and let you know what I think.

:::::::::::::The Pursuit of Happyness::::
with Will Smith was a very well done movie. The character with his imperfections never stopped trying hard to do his best and stay with his son. Will Smith is an engaging actor and I hope he will continue making high calibre films. Will's son does an excellent job in his film debut. One of the criticisms Michael had was at the end of the film when they posted the finiancial success of the real-life character. Michael never likes money associated with the ultimate goal of being happy. This idea makes me think of Tevya in Fiddler on the Roof before he breaks into the song of "If I Were a Rich Man". Tevya, "Oh, Dear Lord you made many many poor people. I realize it is no shame to be poor, but it's no great honor, either. So what would have been so terrible if I had a small fortune."

1 comment:

janna said...

Love all of the new LO's.

I am waiting for The Pursuit of Happiness to come in the mail from Netflix.

& I tagged you on my blog...