Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Where, Oh Where Has Victoria Gone?

...Where, Oh Where can she be?

My friend, Anna, made me laugh out loud when she posted this query to me at Digishoptalk.


::::::::::::::Noahism from Tuesday::::

"This stuff reminds me of heaven!" (said in a dreamy tone of voice). What so enchanted Noah, you may ask? Well it was Sprite, the elixer of the gods. No, we don't get out much! The girls were almost as elated when I put Grenadine in their Sprite.

****CONSUMER ALERT****
This morning I read this article:
http://wsbradio.com/news/041207listerinerecall4a.html
My kids each have a bottle, so they don't share germs (really it's because Noah won't touch anyone elses stuff...EVER!) I have printed out the refund form and pulled the upc labels and will try to get it in the mail today.
Here is the companies consumer statement: Agent Cool Blue


::::::::::Eve's Front Teeth:::::

are looking pale gray from the front and black from the back. Two months ago the neighbor boy was playing too rough and tripped her. She hit face first on the driveway. She ended up with a skinned nose, fat lip, bruised and scrapped gum tissue and very slightly loose teeth. I cleaned her up and kept an eye for any signs of infection. She healed quickly and as the gum healed the teeth were held firmly in place. Michael was playing with her and she threw her head back laughing and he noticed how bad her teeth looked from behind. I called for an appointment the next morning. Our regular dentist took x-rays of the front teeth and said that at least one needed to be pulled. He referred me to an oral surgeon, Dr. Glenn Maron, who has an office right by the Margaret Mitchell House in downtown Atlanta. This doctor will be leaving for Honduras for a medical mission trip to benefit poor children. Since Eve's tooth had an abcess I wanted her seen right away before the doctor left.

I called Michael and let him know what was happening and said I would be taking her downtown for a 3:00pm consultation. He knows I hate driving downtown's narrow streets, so he called me back and volunteered to take Eve to the appointment. I said he didn't have to do that just because I hate to drive downtown doesn't mean I can't. He insisted that it was okay with his supervisor, Richard, and he would take her. I met him at his work at 2:00pm and dropped Evey off. She was so excited because I billed this as "Daddy-Daughter Day!"

Michael said that Dr. Maron was very personable and talked to him like a colleague when explaining Eve's problem. The doctor even had Eve explain what caused the problem in the first place. He started the story..."So you were walking through the forest and you saw an elephant..."
Eve replied laughingly, "No! It was James! My face hit the driveway!" The doctor explained that he would make Evey fall asleep and while she was sleeping her would pull her tooth. She seemed okay with the idea.


::::::::::::::Random Acts of Kindness:::::::::::

Michael's blog has a great entry on one of our favorite commercials with a wonderful message.
In fact, Anna, who I mentioned earlier did a Random Act of Kindness for me when she gave me a beautiful kit by Gina Cabrera. She also creates amazing art work that she allows folks to download. Check out her site and learn about an super creative talent :Paper Moons

:::::::::::::Home School Stuff:::::::

Aaron and I have been using some great study materials created by a group called "The Standard Deviants". Our latest titles from their repertoire have been: "French: part one", "American Government" parts one and two, "Biology" and "Grammar".

:::::::::::::Poison Ivy: Update::::::::

My legs look muy nasty! I look like I had a motorcyle accident while wearing shorts. There are areas that are still weeping, but on the whole I think I'm healing. I love to tease the kids that if they don't behave I'm going to touch with my legs. SCREAMS OF TERROR! My arms look like a cross between ebola and leprosy...but on a very good day, OF COURSE! My stomach only itches a little, so I'm sure all be bathing suit fit by 2008! (One must have attainable goals! ;) )

Y'all have a FANTABULOUS day!

No comments: