Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Here:

:::::::::::::::::::::::Album Cover::::::::

This is the album for my SIL. I really love how it turned out. I wanted to capture a Dr. Seussian feel.





::::::::::::::::::Pride and Prejudice::::::::

I had a fantastic time cuddled in my fleece blanket watching the mini-series, yesterday. Michael came home in time to watch a couple of hours of the show. We had to leave to pick up the kids from my stepmother's house. They would love to have stayed longer, but they had school today. The mini-series version is wonderfully crafted and a great period piece. The movie had a more refined air, then the movie version. The country gentry seemed more polished. That isn't to say that I preferred one to the other because of this. The gulf between the two world's seemed larger in the movie version due to the farm/old rambling house of the Bennett's. Both Elizabeth Bennett's had quick wit, clever tongue and captivating eyes that would temp and vex the Mr. Darcys. Both Colin Firth and Matthew MacFayden did marvelous jobs with a character who has lost his trust and patience with people in general. The movie version had to compress a lot of information about the cad, Mr. Wickham, that is more detailed in the series. The portrayal of the father in both versions is hilarious, but given more time for dialogue in the series.

Overall, the cinematography in the movie had me from the beginning, but made my heart race during the dance scene with Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth where everyone else seems to disappear from the room. I thoroughly recommend both versions. Romantic stuff, indeed.



:::::::::::::::::::::Dentist:::::::::

I am polished and flossed after a trip to the dentist office today. They said the choppers look lovely, but I have tartar below the surface that needs to be scaled. Yum! The kids all go to the dentist in May...should be fun! :)

Smiles...a bright and shiny one...at that!

2 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

The more condensed movie version seemed to rely on cinematography to tell the story and mini-series had the ability to tell the story with more of Austen's dialog. I enjoyed them both.
I'll have to finish the mini-series version with you soon.

klonghall said...

I have never seen the A& E version. I set the DVR to record it on PBS, but somehow I missed the first two hours... I will have to break down and rent/borrow it. After reading Austenland, I need to see Colin Firth to get her obsession!

I loved the cinematography and music in the Keira Knightley version. I liked her, too. Oh, and Donald Sutherland as her father was hilarious.