Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Happenings

:::::::::::::::::::::My Product Recommendation for Friday on Sunday:::::

I must give major props to PUFFS because their tissues allow for minimal damage on a repeatedly blown nose. I have tried other and somewhat cheaper products and I have yet to find anything superior. I don't buy the lotion version because, invariably, the lotion gets wiped on my eyeglasses and that drives me bananas.


Aaron has caught Eve's cold, as well. He and Michael went on a 30 mile bike ride on the Silver Comet Trail in Marietta with a couple of other scouts and Donnie Hall, the Merit Badge Counselor for Cycling. He persevered through his illness, but he had to stay home from church today due exhaustion and a bad cold and throbbing headache. I made him a chili-flavored ramen for him and he had a hot bath. He says he is feeling much better.

::::::::::::::What? Another Layout From the Family Reunion::::


Credits: DJB Michael by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick, Kaleidoscope Papers, My Little Heart by Sausan Designs, Tape Doodle Alpha, Black Doodle Alpha, Doodle Alpha by Kate Hadfield, Funky Junky Spring Collab kit by Kate Hadfield, Michelle Godin and Rachel Young

::::::::::::::::::::::Layouts From Our Summer Vacation::::::

I get around to things when I get around to them. That sounds like a tautology I think. But, I finally scrapped the photos from our last official site seeing stop, which was the Kirtland Temple in Ohio. I used some different blending methods to bring out colors or just to play with the photos.






My goal for scrapping the Summer Vacation from 2007 is March 1st. Wow, 6 months. More like, YIKES!

::::::::::::::::::::Family Home Evening:::::::::

We are about to run off for F.H.E. at Michael's sister's house. The kid's love their aunts, uncles and cousins.

Cough, sneeze and Smiles!

3 comments:

klonghall said...

I had that same cold this week, too. I am partial to the lotion Puffs during a bad nose-blowing illness. And, this time, I found the Vicks infused Puffs! That's heaven in a tissue when you are super stuffy! I agree, though, that Kleenex just doesn't measure up to Puffs.

Hope you all get better. It seemed to last for about 4 days here.

Carol said...

First off you poor thing, there's nothing worse than that horrid feeling under your nose when you have a runny one and need to blow.

As for those holiday scraps. WOW! This is a totally different style for you and it looks amazing. Or maybe you've done this style all along but don't show it as often. I love the one where your have KIRTLAND up the side. The texture showing through the photograph looks fabulous.

Michael Taylor said...

I agree with Carol. This is totally different than you normally do. I don't think this style would work as well with the people picture you typically scrapbook, but it works really well with these more architectual pictures. Keep experimenting.