Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Let's Play, Spot The "LUNE"E!

I can't speak for Michael (though I have tried on a few occassions), but yesterday was really fun. We were able to meet for a birthday lunch at a cool little restaurant called Crescent Moon. I had forgotten that we agreed to meet at his office, so Aaron and I drove to the restaurant to wait. Michael was worried that my serpentine belt had come off completely and we were worried he was in an accident. Aaron asked the waiter where to find a pay phone so I could call Michael. He said there was one somewhere in the connecting mall, but that I could use his personal cell phone. I was surprised, but thankful that he was so kind to offer. I called Michael and realized my error right away. He said not to worry that he would be to the restaurant right away. In 5 minutes he came in the door. He ordered a tuna melt with a side of black beans, I got the chicken salad on a croissant with a side of fried green tomatoes and Aaron got the tradtional breakfast of 2 eggs, bacon and a huge slice of French toast. We had a pleasant time talking and we were all too full for dessert.

When we arrived home Aaron got a call from one of his church friends who is home schooled. He asked Aaron to ride in the park with him, so I gave him the okay. Aaron's bike was still in Michael's truck, so he grabbed his scooter, instead. The boys met at the library and then rode their bike/scooter to our house to play a history themed computer game.

I decided to make Michael a cookie cake to celebrate and grabbed a recipe off the internet. Michael was going to work until 6p.m., but the server crashed at work, so he came on home by 4:30pm. I wasn't ready with the cake at all. I kept joking with him as I mixed the ingredients and but the cookie into bake that, "my husband will really be surprised about the cookie when he gets home at 6:00pm., because if he was home now it sure wouldn't be a surprise!" Michael took the teasing in stride. The cookie cake turned out okay and was eaten, completely, within 20 minutes.

For our fun family activity we went out to observe the Lunar Eclipse. Noah and I would run out and check the progress of the eclipse, then run in and tell the next person to take a bath. In the photos you will notice wet haired girls in their pajamas because they had just finished their baths. We stayed out from 9:30pm. to about 10:00pm. We went in and read a chapter of our family reading book. Only Rachel was awake at 10:30pm. when Michael called us out to look at the moon again. It looked gorgeous with the stars around.



Michael telling the kids to point in different directions.


Now, point at the moon.







I'll post a layout I'm working on of us, later.

Smiles!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you got to see the eclipse. It was far too cloudy here. But we too kept running outside to check and see if just maybe the clouds had gone away. No such luck. Love the LO about it too!