Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

What a fun weekend with family!

On Saturday, Grandpa Jim and I walked Eve over to the church across the street from their subdivision for an Easter egg hunt. She was in the 2-5 year old group. There were a lot of eggs and a lot of kids. She was able to gather 9 eggs in about 2 minutes. She seemed a little dazed by the swarm of kids and adults, but we told her not to be concerned because there was another hunt to come at Granny Alice and Paw Paw Dennis' house. She accepted that and we walked back to the house, all the while, enjoying the beautiful Spring weather.







:::::::::::::::::Noah's Talk::::::::

On Sunday, Noah gave a talk in Primary about the resurrection of the Savior. Here is Noah's talk as dictated to daddy:

"Today I am going to my Granny Alice's house. We are going to have an Easter egg hunt. Easter egg hunts are fun, but what Easter is really about is it is the day that Jesus Christ was resurrected. Thank to Jesus' atonement all of us can be resurrected. I think that Easter eggs represent coming to life again. I am thankful for Easter because Jesus gave us eternal life after we have lost our first life."

:::::::::::::::::::After A Quick Change and:::::

a potty break we hit the road South. When we got to Dad and Alice's house my Martha Stewart like sister, Katherine had made these yummy treats:


My sister, Tracy made homemade macaroni and cheese, my dad smoked some delicious pork tenderloins, we also had potato salad, hot dogs, and beans. Yummy stuff, I tell ya! Before we ate or hunted eggs my dad asked me, non-chalantly (this should have been a clue!) to go get the ice cream from the white freezor in the garage. I obeyed and upon opening the said freezor I was presented with a large, black garbage bag with curved claws extending from the opening. I didn't look past it for any ice cream (it wouldn't have fit, anyway) and went back in the house to find my dad laughing. I asked him what, dead thing, he had in his freezor. He said it was a beaver. I can't say that I was overly surprised. My dad has always been a hunter and fisherman. I'm used to the old deer heads he had on the wall. The beaver is a new one, though. HEE, HEE, dad! :)

:::::::::::::Tradition:::::
There were also some great confetti eggs:



Confetti eggs have become a tradition ever since Katherine walked up to me, 2 years ago, with a Cheshire Cat smile, gave me a big hug, then cracked me on the head with a confetti egg. I bought 4 boxes at the local grocery store to arm all of the children this year. Confetti was all over our hair, clothes and the yard.


The kids had fun hunting in the leaves and trees for the various treats. The metallic eggs had dollar bills. There were 8 of them. The kids shared the money evenly at the end.

Here is Rachel:


Here is Aaron:


My niece, Haley:


My nephew, Tyler:


Silly Evey:


Noah:



:::::::::::::Piano::::::::::::::::

While we were just hanging out and talking. Eve played on the piano. She plays on it every time we visit. We asked if she would like to take lessons and she responded in the affirmative, so after ballet/tap is over she will begin piano lessons.

:::::::::::::The Ride Home::::::::

was pretty silly. We created a Michaelite version of Jeopardy. One person would come up with 2 or 3 categories, then we would shout out which category we wanted to answer the question. Since the person asking the question was in charge they would pick the category they wanted to ask the question from in the first place. Our categories were from various subjects: math, science, U.S. History, Pagan Holidays, Shrubberies, Dr. Who, Transformers, Music, Toilet Paper in Colonial Times, Toothbrushes, "Back To The Future", Scott Toilet Paper (this is a different category, and Rachel was in charge of asking these questions), Chickens (chicken questions are all for Noah's benefit...he has a hang up on all things chicken), the t.v. shows, "My Hero" and "The Vicar of Dibley", and "Red Dwarf". We also had the category, Freezors...as in what will you find in the freezor in my dad's garage? Answer: A dead beaver.


Noah asked the question, "What does "TARDIS" stand for?" Rachel and Aaron were tripping over their tongues to shout out, "Time And Relative Dimension In Space". The funny thing is I didn't already know that. It was at this moment that my children attained superior geek status. I'm so proud! Hey, kids! Let your geek flag fly!

:::::::::::::::::::Now::::::::

...family reading is done, prayers are said, kids are asleep...and husband, so off to bed!

Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are just the most fun photos! Wow!

Lilja said...

Love your photos - and your version of Jeopardy in the car LOL Seems like it was a fun weekend for you! TFS

Barb said...

Easter looks like it was a lot of fun!

Leigh said...

Great blog and photos. Fun Easter!

janna said...

Love the little video and hearing, what I think is your mom, Georgia accent.

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful weekend! Eve and I played Candyland and we each won a game but Eve wanted to win all the games.
Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic images Victoria - glad you had such a fab Easter :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Confetti eggs , they sound like so much fun! I am sure we don't have them here in Australia but I will certainly be searching for them next easter.