Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, March 03, 2008

Samoas...Close to My Heart...

...but even closer to my bottom! ;)


::::::::::::Noahism of the Weekend::::::

Noah wanted, desperately, to open a box of samoas and devour the contents, but I was having to make sure the inventory I received was accurate. He asked if he could help, so he could get the cookies faster. He was an enthusiastic helper. As we were sitting down counting cookies, sorting, rubber banding and putting labels on the boxes with the recipients name Noah jubilantly, "I Can't believe it's Girl Scout season. I LOVE GIRL SCOUT SEASON!" Shortly after he was rewarded with his heart's desire.

::::::::::::::::Layouts for Dawn Inskip's C.T.






This is my daughter doing her "happy dance" and her brother in the background completely ignoring her.

Credits:
Dawn Inskip: A Little Sunshine at TTS, NDISB, SSS
Darcy Baldwin: DJB DONNAR, DJB SANDRAK, "My Own Outline" at The Digichick




My sweet niece, Isabell

Credits: "A Little Sunshine" by Dawn Inskip at NDISB, TTS, and SSS


Font: DJB SILJE by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick


:::::::::::::::::Saturday Build::::::::

Grandpa Jim took Eve to Home Depot for their monthly build. She built and decorated a Nascar style vehicle. She was SOOO proud. Building and crafting are Eve's comfort zone.

:::::::::::::::::Japanese Food:::::::::

Michael and I went to Brandsmart to find a replacement for our microwave that died last month. After our purchase we went over to grab a bite of Japanese food. Michael chose katsu curry and I had tempura. The tempura came with shrimp, sweet potatoes, zucchini and Japanese pumpkin (which kinda of looked like an acorn squash). Tasty eats, I say!

::::::::::::::::El Presidente Taylor:::

Aaron was called to be the President of the Deacon's Quorum at Church. He chose requested his 2 counselors and secretary. He gave us several hugs and was the least embarrassed to show affection in front of the other boys. I don't know how long that will last, but I think it's pretty cool. Michael said Aaron did a good job at his first presidency meeting by showing concern for others not just in the ward family.

:::::::::::::::::On-line Conference::::

Aaron and I have an on-line chat with his teacher this morning I hope their are no glitches. Should be interesting. I'll let you know later.

Smiles! :)

3 comments:

janna said...

Cute layouts! and congrats your son.

What kind of microwave did you get? We need a new dishwasher and I cannot bring myself to go buy another one.

This will be the 3rd on in 6 years.... We are on our 2 microwave too.

Love the sacred grove pictures too

klonghall said...

Somehow we missed ordering any Girl Scout cookies? Weird? If you have any extras, let me know. We, here at the Hall home, are especially big fans of Thin Mints and those Peanut Butter Patties (called something else now, but that was their name back in my Girl Scout days).

Carol said...

Okay I have no idea what Samoas are. Sounds exotic.

Thanks also for the link to Dawn Inskip, I'm off to look now, but if your pages there are any indication, you are doing her proud Victoria.